Street beggars must have a hard time these days Street beggars must have a hard time these days - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Posts 21 to 30 of 67
  1. #21

    Fingers like lightning

    GJABS - scorchio!

    GJABS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    946

    Default

    I order groceries online for my mum - and she gives me cash to pay for it. Means the amount of cash I have on me grows over time.
    When I get round to depositing it into the bank I expect I'll be asked where I got it from. Maybe I'll swap it for bitcoin and spirit it out of the country..

  2. #22

    More fingers than teeth

    OwlHoot - scorchio!

    OwlHoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    If the OP is gender fluid you might have to change that tomorrow...I'd suggest you use 'Grandparent' just to avoid offending someone or other
    Who's to say they have any offspring? Grandparent might be deeply offensive if they don't. How about Grand Old Git?
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

  3. #23

    My post count is Majestic

    northernladuk is always on top

    northernladuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    40,497

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Who's to say they have any offspring? Grandparent might be deeply offensive if they don't. How about Grand Old Git?
    Old? I'm outraged.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

  4. #24

    Some things in Moderation

    cojak is a fount of knowledge

    cojak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Look to your right...
    Posts
    19,477

    Default

    For me, the cash/no cash argument is a bit of a red herring when it comes to excessive spending.

    It all these crappy monthly subscription services that have sprung up in recent years.

    Prime/Kindle/Sky/Spotify/Netflix and any other company that tries to open your wallet every month is the real reason for many people going short before the next pay packet.

  5. #25

    My post count is Majestic

    vetran is always on top

    vetran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Come Friendly Bombs
    Posts
    31,371

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    Old? I'm outraged.

    boy:
    Naff off, you narky old bastard!

    Arthur Daley:
    Not so much of the old!
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

    I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

  6. #26

    I Am Legend

    BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?


    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    103,668

    Default

    Does NLyUK accept cards yet?

    I suppose even her most extreme services require coins and not notes....

  7. #27

    Double Godlike!

    original PM is a fount of knowledge

    original PM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    12,179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cojak View Post
    For me, the cash/no cash argument is a bit of a red herring when it comes to excessive spending.

    It all these crappy monthly subscription services that have sprung up in recent years.

    Prime/Kindle/Sky/Spotify/Netflix and any other company that tries to open your wallet every month is the real reason for many people going short before the next pay packet.
    For me until we actually live in a cashless society it is a moot point.

  8. #28

    I Am Legend

    BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?


    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    103,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by original PM View Post
    For me until we actually live in a cashless society it is a moot point.
    Luckily the pie and mash takes cards.....

  9. #29

    Double Godlike!

    original PM is a fount of knowledge

    original PM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    12,179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Luckily the pie and mash takes cards.....
    Well it's in the NQ with all the hipsters and millennials so ....



    I think I will take a roll of used £50's


  10. #30

    I Am Legend

    BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?


    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    103,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by original PM View Post
    Well it's in the NQ with all the hipsters and millennials so ....
    Please keep that quiet until NickFitz has confirmed he will attend!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •