• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Street beggars must have a hard time these days

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always carry cash. I've all the modern stuff set up, Google pay, NFC on phone, multiple cards but I find I just can't live without cash. Not having it would stress me out. For a start the family is forever asking me for a bit here and there, my fave chinese isn't on Just Eat, local hardware store doesn't take cards etc. Always seems to be a reason still to need cash in my world. I can not dip in to it for days/weeks on end to be fair but it will happen at some point.

I certainly don't carry change around though, all that goes in a bowl in the house and the family use as need.
    I'm sure it's not efficient but I'm the same on holiday as well. Always take a good chunk of local currency just in case.

I'm still a believer cash is still king when it goes wrong.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by KinooOrKinog View Post
      Don't assume my gender please. Or that I read the papers. Thank you.
      Don't believe everything you read in the Daily Wail, Grandma!
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

The Mrs hasn't carried cash for nearly 70 years. Beat that, Luddites

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          Don't believe everything you read in the Daily Wail, Grandma!
          If the OP is gender fluid you might have to change that tomorrow...I'd suggest you use 'Grandparent' just to avoid offending someone or other

Comment

Originally posted by PhiltheGreek View Post
            The Mrs hasn't carried cash for nearly 70 years. Beat that, Luddites
            Surely he has a penny farthing in her pocket that she whips out to show people and says 'Look, that's me that is' and then meander off on some story about her being a looker back in the day or something.

Comment

Have some notes in the wallet, but they sit there for months, sometimes years*, unused. I tap for everything. If a shop doesn't take cash, I'm unlikely to shop there. Cash is for old people

* as evidenced recently when i found old style £10 notes that were no longer usable! Thankfully the bank exchanged for me
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Pretty sure you still need to pay cash for hookers n coke.

But it has been a while...

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  Pretty sure you still need to pay cash for hookers n coke.

But it has been a while...

Nope, nothing has changed since your last foray at the Weekend. You've done well going cold turkey so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                    Have some notes in the wallet, but they sit there for months, sometimes years*, unused. I tap for everything. If a shop doesn't take cash, I'm unlikely to shop there. Cash is for old people

* as evidenced recently when i found old style £10 notes that were no longer usable! Thankfully the bank exchanged for me
                    Do you read the bulltulip you post?
                    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                      Do you read the bulltulip you post?
                      Would only be fair if he did. We have to.

Comment

Working...
                      X