• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Street beggars must have a hard time these days

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I order groceries online for my mum - and she gives me cash to pay for it. Means the amount of cash I have on me grows over time.
    When I get round to depositing it into the bank I expect I'll be asked where I got it from. Maybe I'll swap it for bitcoin and spirit it out of the country..

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      If the OP is gender fluid you might have to change that tomorrow...I'd suggest you use 'Grandparent' just to avoid offending someone or other
      Who's to say they have any offspring? Grandparent might be deeply offensive if they don't. How about Grand Old Git?
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        Who's to say they have any offspring? Grandparent might be deeply offensive if they don't. How about Grand Old Git?
        Old? I'm outraged.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

For me, the cash/no cash argument is a bit of a red herring when it comes to excessive spending.

It all these crappy monthly subscription services that have sprung up in recent years.

Prime/Kindle/Sky/Spotify/Netflix and any other company that tries to open your wallet every month is the real reason for many people going short before the next pay packet.
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Old? I'm outraged.

boy:
            Naff off, you narky old bastard!

Arthur Daley:
            Not so much of the old!
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Does NLyUK accept cards yet?

I suppose even her most extreme services require coins and not notes....

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                For me, the cash/no cash argument is a bit of a red herring when it comes to excessive spending.

It all these crappy monthly subscription services that have sprung up in recent years.

Prime/Kindle/Sky/Spotify/Netflix and any other company that tries to open your wallet every month is the real reason for many people going short before the next pay packet.
                For me until we actually live in a cashless society it is a moot point.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  For me until we actually live in a cashless society it is a moot point.
                  Luckily the pie and mash takes cards.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Luckily the pie and mash takes cards.....
                    Well it's in the NQ with all the hipsters and millennials so ....

I think I will take a roll of used £50's

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                      Well it's in the NQ with all the hipsters and millennials so ....
                      Please keep that quiet until NickFitz has confirmed he will attend!

Comment

Working...
                      X