• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Street beggars must have a hard time these days

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wish more people had Monzo tbh, it's so useful.

Other day, in the pub, doesn't serve food, owner is like eh if you bring food in you can eat it. Guy goes next door for a chinese, ask him to grab me something, monzo's me a request for a fiver, one click, paid.

Out for food, split the bill, monzo lets you split it, etc.

Only wish it would automatically top itself up.

Oh and you get a link you can give people to pay you via google pay so even non users can transfer you money.
    Last edited by FIERCE TANK BATTLE; 20 August 2019, 14:52.

Comment

If you don't carry cash, how do you light a cigar with a £50 note in front of the beggar?

The youth of today has no standards whatsoever.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by CryingSheep View Post
        If you buy it with card, you will always have a bank statement that details where and on what you spent every pound!
        So you don't check your bank account very often or get statements which will show when you took out cash? Time for some hacking....
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
          So you don't check your bank account very often or get statements which will show when you took out cash? Time for some hacking....
          Looking at his posts I think his next breath is a challenge let alone something as complicated as this.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            Now most debit cards support touch payments, how many people carry around loose change any more?
            I was thinking about this at the weekend and how there a no doubt a myriad of people/organisations who are worse off because of the trend towards being cash free. Apparently Norway are very cashless and there's talk of it having gone too far.

I rarely have cash but oddly do always take a stash on holiday.

My main disappointment is when I can't pay for something using my Amex as I need the constant status validation that comes with flashing my metal card. I think it ought to be made of actual platinum but hey ho.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Would only be fair if he did. We have to.
              You don't have to. But I appreciate that you do.
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                I was thinking about this at the weekend and how there a no doubt a myriad of people/organisations who are worse off because of the trend towards being cash free. Apparently Norway are very cashless and there's talk of it having gone too far.

I rarely have cash but oddly do always take a stash on holiday.

My main disappointment is when I can't pay for something using my Amex as I need the constant status validation that comes with flashing my metal card. I think it ought to be made of actual platinum but hey ho.

Cash abroad card was cloned in South Africa which was a pain.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                  Do you read the bulltulip you post?
                  Oh yes, good point I haven't even been drinking
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

My card is made of actual black....

Comment

If it had a mirror finish you could also do your lippy with it as well.
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X