• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Street beggars must have a hard time these days

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    So you don't check your bank account very often or get statements which will show when you took out cash? Time for some hacking....
    If I mention you can use your statements to identify where you spend your money, how you jumped to the conclusion I wouldn't check where/when I took out some cash!?

Anyway I believe you completely miss the point, ok you check you got 100£ on day x in place y, then you spend it in 10 different things/places, how knowing where you got the money and when would help you controlling your spending..?
    "The boy who cried Sheep"

Comment

Originally posted by CryingSheep View Post
      If I mention you can use your statements to identify where you spend your money, how you jumped to the conclusion I wouldn't check where/when I took out some cash!?

Anyway I believe you completely miss the point, ok you check you got 100£ on day x in place y, then you spend it in 10 different things/places, how knowing where you got the money and when would help you controlling your spending..?
      Does it really matter where you spend it? The important thing is where you got it from...I'll stick with cash for the time being where I can: https://www.handelsblatt.com/today/f...4IRPof46Yi-ap3
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        Does it really matter where you spend it? The important thing is where you got it from...I'll stick with cash for the time being where I can: https://www.handelsblatt.com/today/f...4IRPof46Yi-ap3
        If you're trying to keep your expendings under control, I guess knowing where you spend it is fundamental.

I honestly don't see any reasonable motive to keep using cash other than for dodgy reasons or tax avoidance!

In UK you only have 50£ notes what makes the life of drug dealers a bit harder, but can anyone explain me any reasonable and legal reason for having 500€ notes or 1000 CHF!?

Comment

If you're trying to keep your expendings under control, I guess knowing where you spend it is fundamental.
          And in other news, the sun will come up tomorrow.
          I honestly don't see any reasonable motive to keep using cash other than for dodgy reasons or tax avoidance!

In UK you only have 50£ notes what makes the life of drug dealers a bit harder, but can anyone explain me any reasonable and legal reason for having 500€ notes or 1000 CHF!?
          The 500 euro note stopped being issued in April so there won't be one for much longer and 1000 CHF is because cash is still a 'cultural phenomenon' is Swissland.

Cash-crazy Swiss get new 1,000 Swiss franc note - Reuters

Just because you can't see beyond your nose doesn't mean there aren't valid reasons around when they were created.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            And in other news, the sun will come up tomorrow.

The 500 euro note stopped being issued in April so there won't be one for much longer and 1000 CHF is because cash is still a 'cultural phenomenon' is Swissland.

Cash-crazy Swiss get new 1,000 Swiss franc note - Reuters

Just because you can't see beyond your nose doesn't mean there aren't valid reasons around when they were created.
            Thank you for the heads up on the 500 note (I thought on add it to my comment by don't like to be Mr. Obvious). Still they kept 200 and 100 notes, making the point still valid...

You like to point that I can't see beyond my nose, but you failed to give some examples that could help explain the need of cash these days, specially of such high value! Some big institutions in the UK are running completely cash free, so it clearly can be done!!!

Cash being a cultural phenomenon in Switzerland is the worst argument ever!

Comment

One principle of managing your money is knowing where you are spending it rather than focussing one what you've left at the end of the week/month. That way, you can identify waste and eradicate it.

If you just say I took £100 out and have £1 left, but can't say if you got anything of worth/value out of it, then one could argue you're not managing your money well.

Comment

Thank you for the heads up on the 500 note (I thought on add it to my comment by don't like to be Mr. Obvious). Still they kept 200 and 100 notes, making the point still valid...

You like to point that I can't see beyond my nose, but you failed to give some examples that could help explain the need of cash these days, specially of such high value! Some big institutions in the UK are running completely cash free, so it clearly can be done!!!
                But they weren't designed for these days. They were released back in 2002. The world has moved on granted but they can't just withdraw cash denominations willy nilly just because you can't understand something. They've obviously started by withdrawing the 500 so in time they may well withdraw the next size.
                Cash being a cultural phenomenon in Switzerland is the worst argument ever!
                Expert on Swiss culture are we?

Comment

But they weren't designed for these days. They were released back in 2002. The world has moved on granted but they can't just withdraw cash denominations willy nilly just because you can't understand something. They've obviously started by withdrawing the 500 so in time they may well withdraw the next size.

Expert on Swiss culture are we?
                  Still, can you give an example why someone would need a 500€ note back in 2002?

As far as you know I could be a swiss national... Lived there for a while and never notice a cash culture, always used my card like anywhere else.

But after some research I will have to agree that Switzerland seems to have a 'special' relationship with cash Payments survey switzerland continuing love affair with cash although the same link mention that cash is used mostly for small amounts payments, so the reason for 1000 notes can't be explained by that special relation...

Comment

Still, can you give an example why someone would need a 500€ note back in 2002?.
                    Slapping 10 fifties in a strippers thong just doesn't have that sense of panache and flair.

Comment

Slapping 10 fifties in a strippers thong just doesn't have that sense of panache and flair.
                      Word to the wise... you're catching 'em too early.
                      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                      X