• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC offering £1 per minute tax free

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HMRC offering £1 per minute tax free

I've been asked to spend 45 minutes on the phone, answering a survey about employee benefits and remuneration.
    And Ipsos MORI will pay me £50 cash for the privelige

Is it a trap?
    See You Next Tuesday

Originally posted by Lance View Post
    Is it a trap?
    Yes, you're a contractor. £1 per minute is a rounding error.

Comment

Current gig pays me an extra few pence for every day, I have no idea why. I invoice for £1000 or whatever and end up with £1000.20

Unadulterated profit

Comment

Why do you think it's tax free?

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
          I've been asked to spend 45 minutes on the phone, answering a survey about employee benefits and remuneration.
          And Ipsos MORI will pay me £50 cash for the privelige

Is it a trap?
          I hope it's + V.A.T...

You could always invoke your substitution clause and get your lacky/professional filler in of surveys chap/chapess to answer the questions.
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Make sure it goes on your return.....

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Why do you think it's tax free?
              that's the trap I suspect.
              See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
              X