• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

GSK Crackdown

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GSK Crackdown

Subscribe to read | Financial Times

Originally posted by Snarf View Post
    https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2674997

Comment

Ffs, not only did I not notice the link (I forgot there was a paywall) but I didn't see the other thread...

Comment

Originally posted by Snarf View Post
        Ffs, not only did I not notice the link (I forgot there was a paywall) but I didn't see the other thread...
        Don’t worry, I have a blind spot when it comes to posters asking about IR35 in the Public Sector- I always seem to miss that bit.
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

You can read the story without subscription by typing "HMRC targets GSK" into google, hit news and click on the article.

Comment

I'm getting genuinely depressed about this April thing to the extent that it's affecting my life and general demeanour. I am not a happy camper.
            ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
              I'm getting genuinely depressed about this April thing to the extent that it's affecting my life and general demeanour. I am not a happy camper.
              I'm probably more pessimistic than most about the outlook for the average BoS contractor, but I'm more optimistic than I was a few months ago, FWIW. Early evidence suggests that some (perhaps most?) companies that are engaged with the process are trying to evaluate contracts properly and are making adjustments where needed, rather than taking a blanket approach. In other words, I don't think we're (yet) seeing a similar response to the public sector rollout. Companies that leave things to the last minute may be a different story though...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                Cheer up, ipse have got our backs covered on this

Surly

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                  Cheer up, ipse have got our backs covered on this

Surly

(A)IPSE can't even get their acronym right.
                  Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
                    (A)IPSE can't even get their acronym right.
                    I thought it was ARSEWIPE...

His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                    X