• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Did the earth move for you?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did the earth move for you?

2.9M earthquake in the UK. "Felt slightly by some people. No damage to buildings." But apparently it put some people in fear of their lives.

Caused by fracking.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

This one, two weeks ago, wasn't blamed on fracking

Cornwall quivers from magnitude-2.2 earthquake | UK news | The Guardian

Comment

Blackpool destroyed.

£2.46 of damage.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Blackpool destroyed.

£2.46 of improvement damage.....
        FTFY.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Blackpool destroyed.

£2.46 of damage.....

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            2.9M earthquake in the UK. "Felt slightly by some people. No damage to buildings." But apparently it put some people in fear of their lives.

Caused by fracking.
            I'd be a hell of a lot more worried if I lived anywhere near the Large Hadron Collider. Just saying...
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
              I'd be a hell of a lot more worried if I lived anywhere near the Large Hadron Collider. Just saying...
              Depends what's being collided. If they managed to fit MF into that thing, nowhere in the observable universe would be safe.

Comment

If they could predict the earthquakes and the magnitude then all should be fine.

But I am concerned they don't.

Not against fracking, am against people who just want to make money and could not give a fook about anyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                  I'd be a hell of a lot more worried if I lived anywhere near the Large Hadron Collider.
                  Why? It's either completely safe, or it'll destroy the universe.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    Why? It's either completely safe, or it'll destroy the universe.
                    Oh, that's alright then, I thought it would flatten half of Switzerland
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                    X