• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Junior Business Analyst

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Junior Business Analyst

Had a few trash emails sent to my old contracting email address for "Junior Business Analyst" roles. Probably all the same one.

I cannot wrap my head around why a company would want a Junior BA on a contract basis.

Is this just saying the pay is tulip and hoping that cash desperate BAs apply?

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
    Had a few trash emails sent to my old contracting email address for "Junior Business Analyst" roles. Probably all the same one.

I cannot wrap my head around why a company would want a Junior BA on a contract basis.

Yes.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      Yes.
      Thanks for clearing that up.

Comment

Correct. They'll get someone who's new to contracting or fresh out of Uni who needs their first step.

When that person has jumped ship for a better gig or they've had to bin them for being crap they'll probably realise their mistake and put it back out at a decent rate.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Correct. They'll get someone who's new to contracting or fresh out of Uni who needs their first step.

When that person has jumped ship for a better gig or they've had to bin them for being crap they'll probably realise their mistake and put it back out at a decent rate.
          Doubt it, they will just get another desperate one... I've seen many fresh from uni contractors, one one leaves another replaces them.

Comment

You combine theoretical and conceptual knowledge with hands-on experience. He/she will be a member of the Media Domain Analyst Team which will be composed of Domain architects & analysts coming from different subject matter expertise. His/her main tasks will be: study the Business requirements translate business requirements into user and/or technical stories write high-level concept paper(s), describing the overall system requirements break down the system requirements into manageable subareas (Digital Right Management, Settop Box, Backend, OSS/BSS...

Knowledge of STB through to OSS/BSS requires a hell of a lot of "hands on" experience. I sticking with the pay being tulip. Also baffling is that good E2E hands on experience will lead to much better pay in a tech role than even a senior BA.

I am of the opinion that BAs should ask naive questions to elicit the best results. From the incorrectly spelled customer interface to the operational & business cores might be stretching nativity somewhat.

Comment

Yes.
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
              X