• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It's gin Jim, but not as we know it.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's gin Jim, but not as we know it.

My daughter just brought back from Blighty a bottle of ginnish. It's alcohol free gin.

I didn't know what it was and blind tasted it. I thought it was gin. I checked the ingredients and it looks like it's capsicum that gives it the kick. At first I thought it was chilli gin.

£18 a bottle though. I'll probably stick to gin. Or meths (colourless of course, I'm a sofistikated guy).
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

You should try Six Dogs

It's quite tasty.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I'll get some and tell my daughter it's alcohol free.

But it's £50, including delivery... How much is it in the UK?

Comment

Starts off blue, add tonic and it goes pink, thanks to the Clitoria Ternatea in it.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Starts off blue, add tonic and it goes pink, thanks to the Clitoria Ternatea in it.
          I knew her, nice girl. Made a noise like a chipmunk when she was about to gush.
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Clitoria
            Is that a plural?

We can get a lavender gin that changes colour, for £40 per 0,5l. Of course, we can make our own for about at total of £15'000 and a commitment to make 2500l a year.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              But it's £50, including delivery... How much is it in the UK?
              About the same £45-50 for a 75cl bottle.

You realise this is a contractors forum?

Comment

About the same £45-50 for a 75cl bottle.

You realise this is a contractors forum?
                Yeah. And this is Switzerland. So it turns out that, excluding delivery, it's cheaper! Anyway, I've ordered two bottles. And they'll send the bill with the order with ten days to pay.

How I love living in a civilised country.

Comment

I think I'll stick to the fancy coloured mouthwash, tastes about the same. They do that in non-alcoholic form too.
                  Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Seedlip is the more common alcohol free gin but there are others cropping up. I don't touch the stuff myself!

Aldi do a colour change gin, McQueen, which wasn't bad. Or, buy peaflower extract (C.ternatea as noted above) and add it to a beverage of your choice. Obvs works best in colourless spirits to which you'd add a colourless mixer...

Comment

Working...
                    X