• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK’s Labour would cost companies £300bn in workers’ share swipe

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Owners decide who is on the Board in my company and that’s how it’s going to be.

It’s ba enough to be robbed by constantly increasing taxes and crazy overheads like GDPR bulltulip, but if they cross the line of telling me what to do then I will take my business elsewhere.
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

I will take my business elsewhere.
      We can hope.

Comment

So if pension fund is an owner then it’s ok to rob them and all other owners?

It’s not ok to confiscate property, unless it’s proceeds of crime.
        I didn't say it's right (it's not), it's the reality though.
        Wealth taxes will fail to hit the wealthy, and will hit the pension funds of the hard working (but also intelligent enough to save).
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Proper wealth is offshore, they don’t get hit at all.

One would have thought a Labour Govt would tax all dividends at source - regardless whether recipient is offshore or not, they are not even daring to talk about it!

Nothing stops Govt from allocating part of tax revenue from CGT/dividends into “employee fund”, but naturally commie POS just want their war on people who actually create wealth.

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
            I suppose that's a problem with the Capitalist ideology, issuing shares to a greater value than the value of the company. But then the Bank of England is no different. If we all turned up with our bank notes and required the BoE to give us their value in gold, I guess we'd get a few pence each for our notes.
            Capitalist ideology works fine until the day you chose to ignore it. CEO's up and down the country are reward for failure, banks gambling debts paid for by the tax payer, money created out of thin air with the value of nothing. It'll be a shock to many when capitalism returns to their doorsteps.

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
            Perhaps so, but unfortunately, I guess the fortunes, great or small, of many individuals, are intrinsically linked with the stock market. A third of my retirement income will come directly from stock market investments..
            I don't believe that. Fortune begins with the mind. The moment you tell yourself I can't afford that, the mind is closed. Ask yourself, how can I afford that? The question opens the mind. Keep em poor is not the fault of the stock market. The stock market is only a wealth transfer from the impatient to the patient.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

but naturally commie POS just want their war on people who actually create wealth.
              They’re just redefining who is creating the wealth and who is taking the risk.

The mantra has always been that it’s the business owners creating wealth and taking the risk. But it’s not that black and white.

In a multinational corporation, most “owners” (shareholders) don’t even work for the company. They’re not creating wealth at all, it’s the employees that are doing that. Multinational owners also take fewer risks - as the saying goes, only invest what you are prepared to lose. If the company does down then employees risk losing everything.

You’ve taken a proposal for multinationals and are applying it to your personal business. Maybe it’s the thin end of the wedge, maybe not.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                Capitalist ideology works fine until the day you chose to ignore it. CEO's up and down the country are reward for failure, banks gambling debts paid for by the tax payer, money created out of thin air with the value of nothing. It'll be a shock to many when capitalism returns to their doorsteps.

I don't believe that. Fortune begins with the mind. The moment you tell yourself I can't afford that, the mind is closed. Ask yourself, how can I afford that? The question opens the mind. Keep em poor is not the fault of the stock market. The stock market is only a wealth transfer from the impatient to the patient.
                "The stock market is only a wealth transfer from the impatient to the patient"
                interesting point of view. Not all my wealth is invested in the stock market, but I do depend on it to a certain extent for a regular income. In fact the value of my investments in the stock market is considerably less than the value of my whole portfolio. However the value of some of that portfolio is clearly linked to the Capitalist ideology, as those values are depending on others wanting parts of that portfolio and are prepared to pay the asking price for them. I guess gold is the only commodity that is and has always been the only guaranteed way of maintaining wealth. Whatever happens to the stock market, housing or any collectables, it is still a negotiable commodity, even though it has relatively low intrinsic value, i.e. it can't be used for much except perhaps for jewellery and for plating electrical connections, to mention a few.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                  You’ve taken a proposal for multinationals and are applying it to your personal business. Maybe it’s the thin end of the wedge, maybe not.
                  Yeah, because every time Govt is doing something to target big multinationals it ends up hitting small and medium businesses.

Stuff like GDPR, VAT MOSS and countless other tulips that cost my business substantial amount of money and a lot of my personal time.

So you can take your communist suggestions and shove them up your arse where they belong.

Comment

So you can take your communist suggestions and shove them up your arse where they belong.

Comment

Yeah, because every time Govt is doing something to target big multinationals it ends up hitting small and medium businesses.

Stuff like GDPR, VAT MOSS and countless other tulips that cost my business substantial amount of money and a lot of my personal time.

Charming!

You must be a great boss to work for

Comment

Working...
                      X