• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK’s Labour would cost companies £300bn in workers’ share swipe

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JohntheDull View Post
    There was a suggestion...

No there wasn’t, John. You made it up, like all your dull opinions, dull trolling, etc.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      No there wasn’t, John. You made it up, like all your dull opinions, dull trolling, etc.
      I was working in the steel industry in 1980 and a member of ISTC. It was an opinion held by many of the conduct of Bill Sirs. Other colleagues expressed the same opinion about Scargill. Were you alive and working at that time?

Arthur's interview poses questions - Paul Routledge - Mirror Online

Also, for your information, the middle and senior management branch of ISTC did not vote for the steel strike in 1980
      Last edited by JohntheBike; 4 September 2019, 08:27.

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
        It was an opinion held by many
        Did you hold the opinion?

Comment

UK’s Labour would cost companies £300bn in workers’ share swipe

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          boo hoo

maggies child here too.

Repeatedly made a job for myself and enjoyed prosperity. Keep on blaming others for your misfortune. Its yours!
          What do you mean “too”? I didn’t arrive in the U.K. until the 90’s, Maggie is all yours....

You’re missing the point of my (limited) soclalism. I’ve been a conservative voter most of my life, but I can still have empathy with others that are not as fortunate and rely on labour legislation to protect them.

Comment

Did you hold the opinion?
            the opinion that I held on both strikes was that both Sirs and Scargill were a little less street wise than they should have been.

Comment

where ordinary people got their heads kicked in for being a black leg in an un-balloted strike
              FTFY, I remember it also.

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
                FTFY, I remember it also.

Do you also remember the police going in on horseback at Orgreave?

Comment

Or the bricks thrown from bridges?

Comment

Do you also remember the police going in on horseback at Orgreave?
                    They should've sent the tanks in, never mind the horses!

Still, my dad made a shed load of overtime out of the miners strike
                    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
                      Or the bricks thrown from bridges?
                      it was a bit bigger wasn't it?

Comment

Working...
                      X