• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"Sorry I need to cancel attending the WWII Commemorations...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PhiltheGreek View Post
    Don't forget, they weren't involved at that point - he was in Normandy for the D-Day commemorations in June wasn't he? And he probably got criticised by the same people for having turned up. So maybe, it being the 80th anniversary of the US wanting nothing to do with what was going on in Europe, he thought he could best commemorate the event by having nothing to do with what was going on in Europe?
    Good call

Given the choice, I would be playing golf also

In 80 years will we be commemoration the great brexit civil war of 2019

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Maybe he thought it might rain.

Trump cancels WW1 memorial at U.S. cemetery in France due to rain - Reuters
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

"Sorry I need to cancel attending the WWII Commemorations...

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        Maybe he's sending an intentional message to some NATO members to pull their weight more on their defence spending or the US will forsake Europe in that area.
        Nope, sorry, I’m not buying into the Trump supporter propaganda

He’s even congratulated Poland for the start of WWII...

REPORTER: Do you have a message for Poland on the 80th anniversary of World War 2?

TRUMP: "I do have a great message for Poland & we have Mike Pence, our vice president, is just about landing right now...I just want to congratulate Poland"

Twitter / ?
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
        X