• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"Sorry I need to cancel attending the WWII Commemorations...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Sorry I need to cancel attending the WWII Commemorations...

I've got to play golf.

Trump plays golf after cancelling trip to Poland to observe Second World War anniversary commemorations | The Independent
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    I've got to play golf.

Comment

There are so many WW2 commemorations going on. 80 years since WW2 started - soon its 75 years since WW2 finished.

Many Trump just wants to make a stand? Or maybe he would like an American base in Poland named after him.....

Comment

Maybe he's sending an intentional message to some NATO members to pull their weight more on their defence spending or the US will forsake Europe in that area.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          Maybe he's sending an intentional message to some NATO members to pull their weight more on their defence spending or the US will forsake Europe in that area.
          Probably. Further proving that he really doesn't understand the concept - as if the US's contribution has been out of the goodness of their hearts.

Comment

His boss Putin didn't go so Trump decided also not to go

Comment

Trump is a Nazi Scum

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                There are so many WW2 commemorations going on. 80 years since WW2 started - soon its 75 years since WW2 finished.

Many Trump just wants to make a stand? Or maybe he would like an American base in Poland named after him.....
                You give him far too much credit. He just wanted to play golf.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  You give him far too much credit. He just wanted to play golf.
                  Well, I believe the real reason was because of the upcoming hurricanes and he wanted to be on the ground, ready to provide comfort and support to those affected. Luckily for those might be affected, golf got in the way...
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Don't forget, they weren't involved at that point - he was in Normandy for the D-Day commemorations in June wasn't he? And he probably got criticised by the same people for having turned up. So maybe, it being the 80th anniversary of the US wanting nothing to do with what was going on in Europe, he thought he could best commemorate the event by having nothing to do with what was going on in Europe?

Comment

Working...
                    X