• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My life in 70KG (+14KG Hand Luggage)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My life in 70KG (+14KG Hand Luggage)

With a view to starting my new life in Vietnam I am packing for my flight tomorrow. I hate packing and have recruited Ms CFL as she will not be joining me for three weeks. Which based on my previous behaviour will lead to 3 weeks of beer towers, NO balloons and

Important decisions include:

Do I use my carry on for all the goddamn vehicle importation paperwork, or my medicine (6 months supply as none of it is available in VN) & electronics?

Do I take my helmet, Sparcos and dress every day like a power ranger, or comfortable Sunspel and die a horrible death?

Do I take my 3 panniers & sacrifice 30KG of luggage allowance so I don't have to bungee everything to my GS?

Goddamn country has so many seasons that I have no idea what clothes to pack. If any of you are in Hanoi in April 2020, I will be the guy at the AMG hospitality area dressed in hiking boots, swimming shorts and a plastic rain poncho.

(Not directly related to packing, but does having sex with oneself in Singapore Suites qualify for the mile high club?)

Have fun kiddos, and best of luck with all the changes that are happening in the contracting world (and the unmentionable) over the next year. I am going to take another CUKer sabatical.

Surly you just get new stuff on arrival? Including 21year old wife ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
      Surly you just get new stuff on arrival? Including 21year old wife ?

21??? Is it grab a granny night?
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Seems a long way to go, just so you don't feel like a short-arse.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
          Do I use my carry on for all the goddamn vehicle importation paperwork, or my medicine (6 months supply as none of it is available in VN) & electronics?

Do I take my helmet, Sparcos and dress every day like a power ranger, or comfortable Sunspel and die a horrible death?

Do I take my 3 panniers & sacrifice 30KG of luggage allowance so I don't have to bungee everything to my GS?
          Just get yourself one of these, and Bob's yer uncle....

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
            Just get yourself one of these, and Bob's yer uncle....

I knew the Vietnamese where a short people but not that short.

Comment

Fair play to you mate. Are you going to pick up any work out there? Bloke what I was working with reckons it was quite easy to pick stuff up over there.

Comment

Originally posted by Magaluf 19 View Post
                ...Bloke what I was working with reckons it was quite easy to pick stuff up over there.
                That's why the OP is taking 6 months of meds with him...

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  He'll have a cracking time up in Hanoi. You can get a decent coffee and croissant on every corner apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    Because he has never watched banged up abroad on sky, where perfectly legal Uk medicine carry prison sentences all over the world

Comment

Working...
                    X