• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another tory Defection; No working majority

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CryingSheep View Post
    Pass a vote of no confidence would be easy. Hard would be to agree a majority on a new leadership….
    All it takes is a couple of abstentions or people who think Corbyn is worse than BoJo (remember not everyone else is Labour, there is still a lot of SNP/Plaid Cymru/SDLP/Lib Dem)
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      All it takes is a couple of abstentions or people who think Corbyn is worse than BoJo (remember not everyone else is Labour, there is still a lot of SNP/Plaid Cymru/SDLP/Lib Dem)
      There is no ******* way on earth that anyone from the SNP will vote with the tories. The lib dums on the other hand.......and some Labour can't be relied upon to support their own party.
      When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Have they really worked even when they had a majority?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          I don't get this.
          We know. You don't get many things, and still you post in an adult forum

Google is your friend. Go and use it to see how our democracy works
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            The vote is for the individual. One of the splendours of British Parliamentary democracy.
            and they often don't represent the wishes of their constituents.

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
              Then claim the constituents would want them to vote with their conscience.

Ken Clarke urges MPs to 'vote with their conscience' during Bexit bill

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Then claim the constituents would want them to vote with their conscience.

Ken Clarke urges MPs to 'vote with their conscience' during Bexit bill
                too true!

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
                  If they represented the views of their constituents then they would send all the Indian and Pakistani people back to Europe

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                    If they represented the views of their constituents then they would send all the Indian and Pakistani people back to Europe

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
                    Alot of people blame immigrants when they should be blaming politicians.

A politician, a constituent and an immigrant are in a cafe with 10 doughnuts. The politician takes 9 doughnuts then says to the constituent "The immigrant is trying to steal your doughnut".....

Comment

They aren’t allowed to vote with their conscience or according to their constituency’s wishes. The Tory MPs must now vote exactly as BJ/Cums force them to.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X