• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another tory Defection; No working majority

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another tory Defection; No working majority

Tory MP defects to Lib Dems - BBC News

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

So no Queen's speech. No finance bill.
    Can JC go see the Queen now and ask to form a government?
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
      So no Queen's speech. No finance bill.
      Can JC go see the Queen now and ask to form a government?
      Nope, the "biggest party" forms the government, not always the majority, unless JC can manage a vote of no confidence we are stuck with BoJo
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        Nope, the "biggest party" forms the government, not always the majority, unless JC can manage a vote of no confidence we are stuck with BoJo
        Pass a vote of no confidence would be easy. Hard would be to agree a majority on a new leadership….
        "The boy who cried Sheep"

Comment

If you’re going to get kicked out anyway, makes sense to jump ships. Got to feed the kids and run the holiday home in London, some-how.

Comment

I don't get this.

So this guy was voted in as a Tory by the people in his constituency.

If he then can decide to play for another team should there not be a local election where he has to stand as a lib Dem and the Tories can field a different candidate?

I mean surely if you planned it enough then you simply put plants everywhere to run as the local candidate for the popular party of the constituency and the switch sides when voted in?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post

I mean surely if you planned it enough then you simply put plants everywhere to run as the local candidate for the popular party of the constituency and the switch sides when voted in?
              Well, it’s an extension of what Leave.eu, UKIP, and TBP supporters have done by infiltrating local Conservative associations and running deselection campaigns.

Comment

If he then can decide to play for another team should there not be a local election where he has to stand as a lib Dem and the Tories can field a different candidate?
                You should ask Sarah Wollaston. She's a Tory that sponsored a Bill to outlaw that via mandatory recall. Oh wait...

Comment

I don't get this.

So this guy was voted in as a Tory by the people in his constituency.

The vote is for the individual. One of the splendours of British Parliamentary democracy.

Comment

Tory party is full of defectives

Comment

Working...
                    X