• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Population Control : Bernie Saunders : Elephants in rooms

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    There was some prick on this forum(I know, we're spoiled for choice) who was wittering on about the population heading towards 11Billion and the Earth could sustain this - your thoughts?
    I hope I am dead long before that! God its going to be boring life.....

Comment

There's always this
      Voluntary Human Extinction Movement - Wikipedia

Basically, stop breeding and let us all die out

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        There's always this

can I volunteer people ??
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Something I noticed when I took time out to travel around the world a couple of decades ago was that there is this quizzical thing where the vilest people seem to be obsessed with replicating themselves at any cost whereas the loveliest people seem without hope for the planet and have given up on family life.

Planet doesn't need more people, it needs more good people.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
            Something I noticed when I took time out to travel around the world a couple of decades ago was that there is this quizzical thing where the vilest people seem to be obsessed with replicating themselves at any cost whereas the loveliest people seem without hope for the planet and have given up on family life.

Planet doesn't need more people, it needs more good people.
            Would be interesting to see how "good" is defined.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              There's always this

Cheers for the link! I knew there was a BBC article on this and with your help I found this: -

Anti-natalists: The people who want you to stop having babies - BBC News

I am not sure entirely stopping reproduction is good. How about one baby each? Its relatively easy for women undergoing a C-section to be sterilized and men can be forced to have a vasectomy. Of course, there would be several complications.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Cheers for the link! I knew there was a BBC article on this and with your help I found this: -

Anti-natalists: The people who want you to stop having babies - BBC News

I am not sure entirely stopping reproduction is good. How about one baby each? Its relatively easy for women undergoing a C-section to be sterilized and men can be forced to have a vasectomy. Of course, there would be several complications.....
                Most babies aren't born by C-section.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  Most babies aren't born by C-section.
                  I did say there were complications!

Another is knowing who the father is.

Comment

I did say there were complications!

Another is knowing who the father is.
                    Only if you are a guy...
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Would be interesting to see how "good" is defined.
                      There was a time when people had the confidence to be able to define that. We have become so mired in equivocation that we can't tell good from evil.

Comment

Working...
                      X