• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Why is it that when it comes to identity politics there are allegedly 100 or more genders. But when it comes to the gender pay gap, there are only two?

Is it to do with differing (ahem) agenders?
    Call me old fashioned, but for me se.x=gender = male or female. Period.
    In such framework the pay gap is easily explained.
    Next?!

Comment

Originally posted by rik sherman View Post
      So there are 2 sexes

XX -> Female
      XY -> Male
      XXY -> ?????
      XXY is not a SEX; it is a medical condition.
      ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
      Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by rik sherman View Post
        So there are 2 sexes

XX -> Female
        XY -> Male
        XXY -> ?????
        XX is Female (the default) and presence of Y be it XY, XXY XXYY etc is "male" from a genetic level
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Your sex is what you are born with, it's in your DNA and all the surgery in the world will not change it.

Your gender is what you identify as. Generally it's still binary; just may not be the same as your sex.

Your sexuality is on a sliding scale from 100% homosexual to 100% heterosexual with a huge variety / flexibility.

There are medical conditions, such as hermaphroditism, where a person is born with both sets of genitalia and a different DNA profile. They will tend to undergo surgery / hormone treatments to 'normalise' them and that's fraught with danger because it seems that the parents get this wrong because doctors pressurise them into putting their baby through surgery while they're too young to know what they identify as.

Comment

Most woman are bisexual in my experience

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              ...There are medical conditions, such as hermaphroditism, where a person is born with both sets of genitalia and a different DNA profile. They will tend to undergo surgery / hormone treatments to 'normalise' them and that's fraught with danger because it seems that the parents get this wrong because doctors pressurise them into putting their baby through surgery while they're too young to know what they identify as.
              Usual caveats...

This last part isn't strictly correct. 'Hermaphroditism' is no longer used to describe people with Differences in Sexual Development (DSD) conditions. No-one is born with two sets of genitalia, but the genitalia can be ambiguous at birth which leads to a prolonged investigation by medical professionals before a determination of a baby's sex can be made.

As far as I am aware, no-one gets it wrong.

Rapid onset gender dysphoria (ROGD) is a thing and has been shown to be more closely associated with social contagion than humans "being born in the wrong body" which is manifestly junk science.

Last edited by wattaj; 9 September 2019, 10:00.
              ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
              Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by pscont View Post
                Call me old fashioned, but for me se.x=gender = male or female. Period.
                In such framework the pay gap is easily explained.
                Next?!
                Someone from the 1950s has escaped....

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                  Most woman are bisexual in my experience

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
                  Which is awesome for threesomes. Once they stop talking!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Which is awesome for threesomes. Once they stop talking!
                    I am sure you can find something better for them to do with their mouths..

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
                      The conflation of sex and gender is the means by which trans-activists are infiltrating the group-think within our governing organisations.
                      Yes, and no surprise, most of the aggressive ones are trans-women (ie. sex=male) who attack women and not men.
                      Last edited by DealorNoDeal; 9 September 2019, 10:19.
                      Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Working...
                      X