Asbestos... Asbestos... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Posts 11 to 20 of 28

Thread: Asbestos...

  1. #11

    Nervous Newbie

    Asbestos Expert has no reputation


    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    5

    Default How many sites have I joined? 1.

    For information, the latest stats, for you IT nerds, stat that 58% of all server rooms and services come into contact with asbestos in older buildings, so how much asbestos do you come into contact with, surely that's a question you should ask yourselves, and the fact you've just said, how much do we? I've succeeded in making you think of it.

    As far as my book, I've not mentioned it's name, and don't plan on, the reason why I did happen to mention it was for credibility, for the same as you might say that your an expert in ISQL, or god forbid, SEO!

    But as the saying goes, you can lead a horse to water, with that, I'll leave you to your own little sphere of nothingness an find people that do want some help, because unlike many, I'm here to help, the fact I posted on the wrong page, whilst a mistake, isn't the end of the world, not for me anyway, it maybe for you when you don't think about asbestos whilst playing with your toys!

    END CHAT...

  2. #12

    Respect my authoritah!

    NotAllThere is always on top

    NotAllThere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Far away from HMRC
    Posts
    20,987

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Asbestos Expert View Post
    ... so how much asbestos do you come into contact wit...
    None. I never go into the server room. I don't even know where it is.

    In the meantime, I'll go onto a building contractors forum and raise awareness of predictive analytics.
    Hmm. I'm beginning to suspect that you need to find all the packing the computer came in...

  3. #13

    Super poster

    Zigenare - scorchio!

    Zigenare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    3,839

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    Not as good as it was.Even better now we've got some fresh meat!
    Gratis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg
    Given that you refuse to work for Jews, because you believe that they are only out for themselves and that they see gentiles as just there to be used, WGAS what you think.
    You do me old chum, obviously

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    Churchy says that May Day is a Zionist Occupation Government conspiracy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg
    Only it is somewhat suspicious that this unsubstantiated claim has been made against the object of Alt-Right antisemitic conspiracy lies.

  4. #14

    Super poster

    Zigenare - scorchio!

    Zigenare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    3,839

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Was it A Good Idea to put blue asbestos in the filter tips of Kent cigarettes between 1952 and 1956?
    Of course it was!
    At the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg
    Given that you refuse to work for Jews, because you believe that they are only out for themselves and that they see gentiles as just there to be used, WGAS what you think.
    You do me old chum, obviously

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    Churchy says that May Day is a Zionist Occupation Government conspiracy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg
    Only it is somewhat suspicious that this unsubstantiated claim has been made against the object of Alt-Right antisemitic conspiracy lies.

  5. #15

    More fingers than teeth

    OwlHoot - scorchio!

    OwlHoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Asbestos Expert View Post

    It's been known for man, many years that MMMF has the same characteristics as Asbestos, ..
    Not sure if you're for real, or whether this is a wind up, but taking your posts at face value ..

    I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if it emerged that fibreglass loft insulation was every bit as bad as asbestos. I mean it's pretty obvious that microscopic glass slivers are little different from needle-like mineral crystals of asbestos and presumably neither degrades over time when lodged in the lungs.

    I won't have the muck anywhere in the house, and insulated my loft entirely with Micafil Vermiculite pellets.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

  6. #16

    I live on CUK

    Old Greg is a fount of knowledge

    Old Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Tombliboo Bush
    Posts
    22,166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Not sure if you're for real, or whether this is a wind up, but taking your posts at face value ..

    I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if it emerged that fibreglass loft insulation was every bit as bad as asbestos. I mean it's pretty obvious that microscopic glass slivers are little different from needle-like mineral crystals of asbestos and presumably neither degrades over time when lodged in the lungs.

    I won't have the muck anywhere in the house, and insulated my loft entirely with Micafil Vermiculite pellets.
    Mrs OH has been putting asbestos in your pillows for years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

  7. #17

    Fingers like lightning

    GhostofTarbera is NOT a disguised employee


    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    666

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Asbestos Expert View Post
    It's been known for man, many years that MMMF has the same characteristics as.....!
    My partner favoured MMMF for a big job in club she was doing recently, she was really satisfied with the outcome.




    Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

  8. #18

    Richer than sasguru

    DimPrawn is a fount of knowledge

    DimPrawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Brexit Britain
    Posts
    34,587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Asbestos Expert View Post
    Good day everyone.

    I join you today in the hope of answering some of your questions regarding Asbestos, and the Consultancy/Removal of materials.

    Today I joined because I have just had a contract offered to me for a new book, which now allows me to step back from the industry that I have served so well, I mean, that once this book hits the shelves, and my name becomes known, I won't be able to work again.

    But in the interest of public safety, and business coffers, the information I go onto divulge is sure to rock the establishment.

    All I can say to those in the Asbestos Sector is this, you should have all behaved better! Come in number 9 your time is up!!

    So. without further adieu, if anyone wants to ask anything, even the most technical of questions, then feel free and I'll help where I can, whilst being as honest as I can.

    James.
    Would you be innerested in removing some unpleasant materials located at Bridgewater service station?
    I was miserable and depressed, but CUK turned it all around. Now I'm depressed and miserable.

  9. #19

    Fingers like lightning

    GJABS - scorchio!

    GJABS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    946

    Default

    On a related note, is "mesothelioma" still the most expensive word for pay-per-click on Google Adwords? IIRC it was once going for over £50 per click due to the size of the potential commissions that could be earned for Asbestos-related lung cancer claims.

  10. #20

    Super poster

    DoctorStrangelove is a fount of knowledge

    DoctorStrangelove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    3,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OwlHoot View Post
    I won't have the muck anywhere in the house, and insulated my loft entirely with Micafil Vermiculite pellets.
    Vermiculite - Wikipedia




    I like living dangerously.

    I had chicken for tea.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •