• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Asbestos...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many sites have I joined? 1.

For information, the latest stats, for you IT nerds, stat that 58% of all server rooms and services come into contact with asbestos in older buildings, so how much asbestos do you come into contact with, surely that's a question you should ask yourselves, and the fact you've just said, how much do we? I've succeeded in making you think of it.

As far as my book, I've not mentioned it's name, and don't plan on, the reason why I did happen to mention it was for credibility, for the same as you might say that your an expert in ISQL, or god forbid, SEO!

But as the saying goes, you can lead a horse to water, with that, I'll leave you to your own little sphere of nothingness an find people that do want some help, because unlike many, I'm here to help, the fact I posted on the wrong page, whilst a mistake, isn't the end of the world, not for me anyway, it maybe for you when you don't think about asbestos whilst playing with your toys!

END CHAT...

Comment

Originally posted by Asbestos Expert View Post
      ... so how much asbestos do you come into contact wit...
      None. I never go into the server room. I don't even know where it is.

In the meantime, I'll go onto a building contractors forum and raise awareness of predictive analytics.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        Not as good as it was.Even better now we've got some fresh meat!
        Gratis.
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          Was it A Good Idea to put blue asbestos in the filter tips of Kent cigarettes between 1952 and 1956?
          Of course it was!
          At the time.
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

It's been known for man, many years that MMMF has the same characteristics as Asbestos, ..
            Not sure if you're for real, or whether this is a wind up, but taking your posts at face value ..

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if it emerged that fibreglass loft insulation was every bit as bad as asbestos. I mean it's pretty obvious that microscopic glass slivers are little different from needle-like mineral crystals of asbestos and presumably neither degrades over time when lodged in the lungs.

I won't have the muck anywhere in the house, and insulated my loft entirely with Micafil Vermiculite pellets.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              Not sure if you're for real, or whether this is a wind up, but taking your posts at face value ..

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if it emerged that fibreglass loft insulation was every bit as bad as asbestos. I mean it's pretty obvious that microscopic glass slivers are little different from needle-like mineral crystals of asbestos and presumably neither degrades over time when lodged in the lungs.

I won't have the muck anywhere in the house, and insulated my loft entirely with Micafil Vermiculite pellets.
              Mrs OH has been putting asbestos in your pillows for years.

Comment

It's been known for man, many years that MMMF has the same characteristics as.....!
                My partner favoured MMMF for a big job in club she was doing recently, she was really satisfied with the outcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Good day everyone.

I join you today in the hope of answering some of your questions regarding Asbestos, and the Consultancy/Removal of materials.

Today I joined because I have just had a contract offered to me for a new book, which now allows me to step back from the industry that I have served so well, I mean, that once this book hits the shelves, and my name becomes known, I won't be able to work again.

But in the interest of public safety, and business coffers, the information I go onto divulge is sure to rock the establishment.

All I can say to those in the Asbestos Sector is this, you should have all behaved better! Come in number 9 your time is up!!

So. without further adieu, if anyone wants to ask anything, even the most technical of questions, then feel free and I'll help where I can, whilst being as honest as I can.

James.
                  Would you be innerested in removing some unpleasant materials located at Bridgewater service station?

Comment

On a related note, is "mesothelioma" still the most expensive word for pay-per-click on Google Adwords? IIRC it was once going for over £50 per click due to the size of the potential commissions that could be earned for Asbestos-related lung cancer claims.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                      Vermiculite - Wikipedia

I like living dangerously.

I had chicken for tea.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X