• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I feel such a moob

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
    I hang up as soon as I hear a foreign accent.
    Welsh?

Sorry could not resist.....

Comment

An easy way to avoid land line phone scams is to have a phone which displays the number calling.
      Doesn't work, due to call spoofing.

Initially I white-listed my address book - all others to the voicemail. Then when my SP upgraded, the new box doesn't all for white-listing, so now ALL calls go to voicemail. I get an email with the message a minute or so later, so if it's important, I'll get the message.

For my mobile, I've got search.ch app on my smartphone. It's very good at recognising call centres. Any such calls I receive are automatically muted, and later I can block them. Maybe there are similar apps that work in the UK.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

An easy way to avoid land line phone scams is to ...
        ... not have a phone connected to the landline.

I only use mine for fibre broadband.

Mobile goes to voicemail if number not recognised from my contact list, unless on that particular day I'm expecting an important call from someone I can't be sure what number they're using.
        Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
          The IP scammers are using spoofing software to look like they are dialling from somewhere close. The last time I heard an accent that broad on the last attempt was when I was in Bangalore, the call said Bolton.
          You should have engaged them in a conversation about pea wet.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Welsh?

Sorry could not resist.....
            ha ha!

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
              I got scammed a year ago, but its out of date now. I was just putting my shopping trolley back when some lowlife offered what seemed a pound for the trolley.
              When I emptied my change out later discovered it was a euro coin
              If you kept it, with the pound value dropping and dropping soon you can say you scammed him!
              "The boy who cried Sheep"

Comment

Working...
              X