• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I feel such a moob

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OwlHoot: For emails like that wanting an action from you, always question how they got your email address in the first place. It's unlikely the parcel that Royal Mail were handling would have your email address on the package.

ladymuck: If a parcel arrives addressed to you or someone at your property, then anyone coming along claiming it's an incorrect delivery is to be told to 'do one'. They wouldn't know it was incorrect from the address/delivery details that are correct on the parcel.

Common sense people!
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
      OwlHoot: For emails like that wanting an action from you, always question how they got your email address in the first place. It's unlikely the parcel that Royal Mail were handling would have your email address on the package.

ladymuck: If a parcel arrives addressed to you or someone at your property, then anyone coming along claiming it's an incorrect delivery is to be told to 'do one'. They wouldn't know it was incorrect from the address/delivery details that are correct on the parcel.

Common sense people!
      Indeed Jesus

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post

Common sense people!
        Royal Mail does send me alerts for some deliveries, I think some retailers sign up to something whereby your email address and parcel tracking details are sent to RM and they ping over a (usually inaccurate) estimated delivery date.

Agree re your second point. Not experienced it myself, just passing on the details so others are more aware.

Comment

Some scams are getting worryingly convincing. Fortunately only been scammed out of about £2 so far when I phoned a premium rate line re what I thought was a genuine enquiry to our website.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Just reminded me - I need to post something today

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

To be fair to the poster I've fallen for a scam before.

Two very good-looking 20-21 year-old girls of eastern European origin come over to my car as I was packing shopping into the boot. They both started cleaning my windscreen, their breasts almost falling out of their skimpy T- shirts. When I thanked them and offered them a tip, they said 'No' and instead they asked me for a lift to another supermarket. I agreed and they both got in the back seat.

On the way there, they started undressing, until both are completely naked so I pulled over to remonstrate, one of them climbed over into the front seat and starts crawling all over my lap, kissing me, touching me intimately and thrusting herself against my groin, while the other one stole my wallet!

I had my wallet stolen on August 4th, 9th,10th. Also on Spetember 1st, 4th, 6th and twice yesterday.

So it can happen to anyone. Be aware.

P.S
              The best times seem to be just before lunch and about 4:30 in the afternoon.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                Royal Mail does send me alerts for some deliveries, I think some retailers sign up to something whereby your email address and parcel tracking details are sent to RM and they ping over a (usually inaccurate) estimated delivery date.

Agree re your second point. Not experienced it myself, just passing on the details so others are more aware.

You're right, just checked my emails and I have some old ones from Royal Mail saying 'Item ready for delivery'.

Also got one saying they've received payment, likely from an import that required a customs fee for them to release it, though no email asking for the payment so likely was a card through the letterbox as NigelJK said.
                Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  To be fair to the poster I've fallen for a scam before.

Two very good-looking 20-21 year-old girls ...

That was all you needed to post as we guessed the rest at that point, it's such an old joke.

Comment

I got scammed a year ago, but its out of date now. I was just putting my shopping trolley back when some lowlife offered what seemed a pound for the trolley.
                    When I emptied my change out later discovered it was a euro coin
                    But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

I got scammed in about 2008 after a tired and stressful day. I did get my money back but felt like such an idiot.

I did read somewhere that those who work in IT are more likely to fall victim to scams as they are more complacent. Thats my excuse.

Comment

Working...
                      X