• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boris wants to know Gov.uk data - TOP PRIORITY

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    You voted for him, you voted for a tinpot dictatorship - all going to plan. Assuming the plan involves pouring petrol onto the burning dynamite factory.

It's not all bad. Amber Rudd has resigned.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      You mean all this stuff that is already available, just as a single data set...

Sounds actually sensible to me

Services data - GOV.UK

Performance - Activity on GOV.UK
      Nope, this goes deeper than that, tracking individual transactions and matching them across services then using analytics to identify individuals. Not to name, address, inside leg measurement levels, but to say this person carried out all these transaction on Gov.uk services; so we now know they own a car, have a passport, a rough idea of where they live etc etc. Big data like this can be manipulated in a number of ways to produce useful information on the subject set. For varying definitions of useful.

Given the individuals behind it their view of useful is probably not the same as most other people.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
        21st century version of the Nazis finding out who was a jew by going through all their council registrations
        Er, no it isn't, you colossal knob-head.
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
          At least I have a knob

Comment

At least I have a knob
            really? do horses dicks have knobs?

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post

its likely they are experts n that kind of thing.

The Netherlands: the greatest number of Jewish victims in Western Europe | Anne Frank House
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                Sounds like a task for IBM - chances are we'll have to put the job out to tender, EU rules, I bet "Deutsche Hollerith Maschinen Gesellschaft" get the contract.
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  Yes the Dutch were happy to give up their Jews to the Germans helped by the council's registrations which included the religion of their inhabitants.

Comment

Yes the Dutch were happy to give up their Jews to the Germans helped by the council's registrations which included the religion of their inhabitants.
                    Yes the Dutch Soldiers were happy to give up the Muslim Refugees to the Bosnian Serbs - to the extent that they helped load them on to trucks.

I'm spotting a pattern here...
                    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                      Sounds like a task for IBM - chances are we'll have to put the job out to tender, EU rules, I bet "Deutsche Hollerith Maschinen Gesellschaft" get the contract.
                      https://www.amazon.co.uk/IBM-Holocau.../dp/0914153277
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X