• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are parts of HMRC institutionally corrupt?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talking of dishonesty - I’d say those who bought up lawsuits on “human rights” grounds to attempt to get away with what should be classed as tax evasion was totatly dishonest.

Perhaps if lawyers of such failed cases (including infamous QCs giving “opinion’) were disbarred then it would make them think twice before taking money for obvious wrongdoing.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Talking of dishonesty - I’d say those who bought up lawsuits on “human rights” grounds to attempt to get away with what should be classed as tax evasion was totatly dishonest.

Perhaps if lawyers of such failed cases (including infamous QCs giving “opinion’) were disbarred then it would make them think twice before taking money for obvious wrongdoing.
      You really do have a hang up over this, don't you?

Who appointed you as "Tax Avoider Finder General"?
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

We need a squirrel abuser finder general.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

You know what they say about people who "protest too much".

He's probably secretly squirreling away loads of cryptocurrency too.
          Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
            You know what they say about people who "protest too much".

He's probably secretly squirreling away loads of cryptocurrency too.
            The filthy speculum!
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Are councils institutionally corrupt or incompetent?

My recent experience:

6 weeks of missed recycling bin collections and they lost my garden waste collection payment even though I have a payment receipt. 6 weeks of having to phone/email council to complain but no action, just hot air.

Then. Park car in council car park. Buy ticket, place ticket on dashboard get back to find a £50 PCN because ticket had flipped over. I appeal but appeal rejected even though I can prove I paid for ticket via debit card.

I get the feeling, as far as councils are concerned, we are no more than cash cows.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
                Are councils institutionally corrupt or incompetent?

My recent experience:

6 weeks of missed recycling bin collections and they lost my garden waste collection payment even though I have a payment receipt. 6 weeks of having to phone/email council to complain but no action, just hot air.

Then. Park car in council car park. Buy ticket, place ticket on dashboard get back to find a £50 PCN because ticket had flipped over. I appeal but appeal rejected even though I can prove I paid for ticket via debit card.

I get the feeling, as far as councils are concerned, we are no more than cash cows.
                Heart attack fear stops Penmaenmawr council live-streaming - BBC News

To be fair, Welsh councils are usually worse than English ones.....

Comment

One is reminded on Hanlon's Razor

Originally posted by Hanlon
                  Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity

Comment

Working...
                  X