• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How much would you need to go permie, seriously?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by edison View Post
    It's true that a large majority of the highest paid roles are in London but there are some regional hotspots. I've worked in the likes of Cambridge, Milton Keynes and Luton which are all in the top dozen or so UK cities with highest average earnings and have several large FTSE 250/Fortune 500 type companies. You don't necessarily have to be at director level but would need to be pretty senior in a functional role or head of a team.
    Yeah, I am a head of one department and a senior dev in another at the same time. It is a fairly unique role but it is very interesting.
    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by KentDogWalker View Post
      I'm looking at a permie role. Typically I made 500 an day, but the market sucks in frontend.

How much would you need to go permie, seriously?
      Outside of the SE so:

£75k
      Bonus
      Pension 5%
      Holiday pay
      Career plan
      Work Life balance
      Within 5 mile from home

Below the above level I would rather contract inside for £500 a day.
      Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

‘jus primae noctis’ on all new starts

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Great answers guys, so in summary contracting is ded and its a race to the bottom!

Glad I'm diversifying my skills then in niche areas.

Comment

Originally posted by KentDogWalker View Post
            Great answers guys, so in summary contracting is ded and its a race to the bottom!

Glad I'm diversifying my skills then in niche areas.
            Deed you mean

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Working...
            X