• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Using a tablet in the bath?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using a tablet in the bath?

Should BT be encouraging use of tablets in the bath?

I suppose I could complain to the ASA. But I thought it would be far more effective to go straight to the top and whine on CUK.....

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

I suppose I could complain to the ASA. But I thought it would be far more effective to go straight to the top and whine on CUK.....
    Probably not. Some people are stupid enough to do it.

I've always had wifi in my bathroom though so not exactly a new thing..
    If you don't have anything nice to say, say it sarcastically

Comment

Can you clarify why would you be worried about someone using a tablet in a bath!? Just to make sure I understand it...
      "The boy who cried Sheep"

Comment

Originally posted by CryingSheep View Post
        Can you clarify why would you be worried about someone using a tablet in a bath!? Just to make sure I understand it...
        Dropping it and putting it in water. Especially a child using said tablet.

I am sure the voltage will be too low to do any harm. However if someone is out of battery they may be tempted to charge it.....

Comment

I am sure the voltage will be too low to do any harm. However if someone is out of battery they may be tempted to charge it.....
          Can you test this theory for us, but with a toaster or electric fire ??
          When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
            Can you test this theory for us, but with a toaster or electric fire ??
            I tried with a toaster - it was fine.

Should I have plugged it in first?

Comment

However if someone is out of battery they may be tempted to charge it.....
              Which is why UK regulations do not permit regular plugs in bathrooms (or at least in safe zones). Because some people are that thick...

Comment

Exactly what I thought then... Most phones this days are waterproof (at least at some level), and some tablets start to be as well.

Neither smartphones nor tablets have enough power to cause any harm if dropped in a bath. Even if charging I would doubt it, plus I thought there is legislation in the UK that forbids any (full) power socket in a bathroom!

Worse case scenario you destroyed your (not so much this days) expensive toy!
                "The boy who cried Sheep"

Comment

Most of the higher end phones are now waterproof as are modern Kindle e-readers. I would have thought some of the kiddie tablets were too, or those rugged enclosures people put them in?

I wonder if tablets will follow suit - is there a good reason why they are harder to protect, or is it simply less desirable so nobody bothers?

I used to watch my iPad in the bath, but now I have a TV there.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Why anyone would sit in tub of their their own sweat, knob cheese and klinkers for an hour is beyond me, let alone watching a tablet while doing it.

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X