CUK site access CUK site access - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 21 to 27 of 27

Thread: CUK site access

More fingers than teeth

scooterscot is a fount of knowledge

Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain

If only we could switch parliament on and off again... Oh wait
    “We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us.”

More time posting than coding

Benny has more data than eek

Quote Originally Posted by Benny View Post
    Anyone else getting "Content Encoding Errors" on accessing CUK?
    Mr 'Content Encoding' is back

Old Greg is my bitch

administrator - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by Benny View Post
    Mr 'Content Encoding' is back
    NAT emailed me earlier to say the site was down. On a most enjoyable Sunday walk with my brood, they were delighted that it started raining almost as soon as we left the house

Had noticed the site struggling earlier, sessions table full was the error message the browser threw when logging in to the forum. Kicked MySQL and it worked again, quick check of logs and nothing immediately visible. NAT said he was having trouble accessing the site earlier so had a closer look at the error logs and not just the access logs.

Code:
    [Sun Sep 29 15:05:29.263079 2019] [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 20177] [client 148.251.10.183:39806] AH01071: Got error 'PHP message: PHP Warning:  mysqli_query(): (HY000/1114): The table 'session' is full in /var/www/vhosts/contractoruk.com/httpdocs/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 1386\n'
    These had cleared when I kicked the DB server but came back again an hour or so later. There is a cron job that clears the session table every hour and that was working OK so must be something filling the session table up before the hourly clear out.

Code:
    select count(*) as thecount, host from cuk_session group by `host` order by thecount desc
    Just to see if there was one spider or something taking the piss. No one culprit but loads of IP addresses there that started 159.138 so:

Code:
    select count(*) as conkers, host from cuk_session  where `host` like '159.138.%' group by `host` order by conkers desc
    769 records, all generating 1-3 entries each in the sessions table! All map back to a Huawei network - probably some sort of cloud hosting though not had a close look. So have banned a few whole ranges of IP addresses and will keep an eye on it. Not sure if related to the issue we were having the other week but hopefully should be this particular problem sorted.

Respect my authoritah!

NotAllThere is always on top

He told me he was just walking home.I told the lazy git to run. Family walks are one thing, but this is important!
    Hmm. I'm beginning to suspect that you need to find all the packing the computer came in...

Old Greg is my bitch

administrator - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by NotAllThere View Post
    He told me he was just walking home.I told the lazy git to run. Family walks are one thing, but this is important!
    I thought about running, and then thought better of it. A slip on the mud at my age is no laughing matter, I don't want to give my kids more ammunition to make jokes about me

Respect my authoritah!

NotAllThere is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by administrator View Post
    I thought about running, and then thought better of it. A slip on the mud at my age is no laughing matter, I don't want to give my kids more ammunition to make jokes about me
    Your age? I'm a grandad you know, young whippersnapper.
    Hmm. I'm beginning to suspect that you need to find all the packing the computer came in...

Godlike

BR14 is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Your age? I'm a grandad you know, young whippersnapper.
    yes, and so unreletently so.
    Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
    Inertia, however........................