• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CUK site access

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If only we could switch parliament on and off again... Oh wait
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Benny View Post
      Anyone else getting "Content Encoding Errors" on accessing CUK?
      Mr 'Content Encoding' is back

Comment

Originally posted by Benny View Post
        Mr 'Content Encoding' is back
        NAT emailed me earlier to say the site was down. On a most enjoyable Sunday walk with my brood, they were delighted that it started raining almost as soon as we left the house

Had noticed the site struggling earlier, sessions table full was the error message the browser threw when logging in to the forum. Kicked MySQL and it worked again, quick check of logs and nothing immediately visible. NAT said he was having trouble accessing the site earlier so had a closer look at the error logs and not just the access logs.

Code:
        [Sun Sep 29 15:05:29.263079 2019] [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 20177] [client 148.251.10.183:39806] AH01071: Got error 'PHP message: PHP Warning:  mysqli_query(): (HY000/1114): The table 'session' is full in /var/www/vhosts/contractoruk.com/httpdocs/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 1386\n'
        These had cleared when I kicked the DB server but came back again an hour or so later. There is a cron job that clears the session table every hour and that was working OK so must be something filling the session table up before the hourly clear out.

Code:
        select count(*) as thecount, host from cuk_session group by `host` order by thecount desc
        Just to see if there was one spider or something taking the piss. No one culprit but loads of IP addresses there that started 159.138 so:

Code:
        select count(*) as conkers, host from cuk_session  where `host` like '159.138.%' group by `host` order by conkers desc
        769 records, all generating 1-3 entries each in the sessions table! All map back to a Huawei network - probably some sort of cloud hosting though not had a close look. So have banned a few whole ranges of IP addresses and will keep an eye on it. Not sure if related to the issue we were having the other week but hopefully should be this particular problem sorted.

Comment

He told me he was just walking home.I told the lazy git to run. Family walks are one thing, but this is important!
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            He told me he was just walking home.I told the lazy git to run. Family walks are one thing, but this is important!
            I thought about running, and then thought better of it. A slip on the mud at my age is no laughing matter, I don't want to give my kids more ammunition to make jokes about me

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
              I thought about running, and then thought better of it. A slip on the mud at my age is no laughing matter, I don't want to give my kids more ammunition to make jokes about me
              Your age? I'm a grandad you know, young whippersnapper.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                Your age? I'm a grandad you know, young whippersnapper.
                yes, and so unreletently so.

Comment

Working...
                X