• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Official Most Pathetic UK Prime Ministers thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    He is doing fantastically well, why stand there and not be heard.

I thought it reflected badly on the eu tbh.

Bojo keep it up, breath of fresh air.
    Nurse!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Nurse!
      Yes he is investing in the nhs and nurses.

Comment

Yes he says he is investing in the nhs and nurses.
        FTFY.

Will believe it when we see increased funding for nursing education, an increased intake in training courses, and a plan that lasts longer than the minimum 3 years that training takes.

The proof is in the actions, not what the liar says.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Gordon Brown was awesome Chancellor - 40% max income tax, unlimited taper relief for CGT, booming house prices - fking awesome.

As PM he was tulip, but will be remembered as a Great Statesman compared to BoJo which will become a new offensive term, with synonym being Trump
          GB said no more boom and bust. Well he was 50% right.

And lets not forget the gold sell off....

Comment

He is doing fantastically well
            I was open minded until I saw the pro-rogue(how appropriate for BJ) of parliament. All that for 4/5 days of debate? I think that was a major mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              I was open minded until I saw the pro-rogue(how appropriate for BJ) of parliament. All that for 4/5 days of debate? I think that was a major mistake.
              The gammons love it. Proper English gent standing up for the ordinary man.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                The gammons love it. Proper English gent standing up for the ordinary man.
                You really should lose that chip. It's turning you into a very ugly human being.
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

The Official Most Pathetic UK Prime Ministers thread

You’re misunderstanding.

While conference season is on, Parliamentary business can still continue. HoL, etc.

Proroguing has shut down all Parliamentary business for far longer than 4-5 days, and “debate” is not all that has been stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                    You’re misunderstanding.

While conference season is on, Parliamentary business can still continue. HoL, etc.

Proroguing has shut down all Parliamentary business for far longer than 4-5 days, and “debate” is not all that has been stopped.
                    So you think it was a good idea?

Comment

So you think it was a good idea?
                      I tend to agree with the argument that if the PM can unilaterally suspend Parliament for as long as he wants for any reason he wants, then what is to stop him suspending it for the full 5 year term and rule by decree?

The convention of prorogation was reasonable but has been abused in this case.

Comment

Working...
                      X