The Official Most Pathetic UK Prime Ministers thread The Official Most Pathetic UK Prime Ministers thread - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 21 to 29 of 29
  1. #21

    I Am Legend

    BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?


    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    103,718

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by meridian View Post
    I tend to agree with the argument that if the PM can unilaterally suspend Parliament for as long as he wants for any reason he wants, then what is to stop him suspending it for the full 5 year term and rule by decree?

    The convention of prorogation was reasonable but has been abused in this case.
    I still believe that what he did only marginally helped his cause.

  2. #22

    Double Godlike!

    original PM is a fount of knowledge

    original PM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    12,186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by meridian View Post
    I tend to agree with the argument that if the PM can unilaterally suspend Parliament for as long as he wants for any reason he wants, then what is to stop him suspending it for the full 5 year term and rule by decree?

    The convention of prorogation was reasonable but has been abused in this case.
    Well I disagree - any and all sensible discussion in parliament regarding the deal to leave the EU has continually been disrupted by members of parliament who are putting their personal views that the UK should not leave the EU ahead of there duty as a member of parliament.

    But there you go.

  3. #23

    Super poster

    meridian - scorchio!

    meridian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,321

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by original PM View Post
    Well I disagree - any and all sensible discussion in parliament regarding the deal to leave the EU has continually been disrupted by members of parliament who are putting their personal views that the UK should not leave the EU ahead of there duty as a member of parliament.

    But there you go.
    Erm, what exactly do you think Parliament is there for?

  4. #24

    Fingers like lightning

    filthy1980 's job has never been outsourced


    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    684

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by meridian View Post
    Erm, what exactly do you think Parliament is there for?
    represent their constituencies

  5. #25

    Super poster

    Zigenare - scorchio!

    Zigenare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    3,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by filthy1980 View Post
    represent their constituencies
    How deliciously naive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg
    Given that you refuse to work for Jews, because you believe that they are only out for themselves and that they see gentiles as just there to be used, WGAS what you think.
    You do me old chum, obviously

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    Churchy says that May Day is a Zionist Occupation Government conspiracy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg
    Only it is somewhat suspicious that this unsubstantiated claim has been made against the object of Alt-Right antisemitic conspiracy lies.

  6. #26

    I Am Legend

    BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?


    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    103,718

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by meridian View Post
    Erm, what exactly do you think Parliament is there for?
    Isn't this part of care in the community?

  7. #27

    Super poster

    Whorty - scorchio!

    Whorty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    South West
    Posts
    2,646

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrilloPad View Post
    GB said no more boom and bust. Well he was 50% right.

    And lets not forget the gold sell off....
    And the pension funds that Brown plundered.
    I may not know Karate, but I know crazy and I'm not afraid to use it

  8. #28

    Super poster

    Whorty - scorchio!

    Whorty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    South West
    Posts
    2,646

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by filthy1980 View Post
    represent their constituencies
    So JRM should be arguing to Remain, as per his constituents?
    I may not know Karate, but I know crazy and I'm not afraid to use it

  9. #29

    I Am Legend

    BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?


    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    103,718

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whorty View Post
    So JRM should be arguing to Remain, as per his constituents?
    He could start with sitting up straight....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •