• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

U.K. Inflation Rate Falls to Lowest Since 2016 on Games, Clothes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U.K. Inflation Rate Falls to Lowest Since 2016 on Games, Clothes

Interesting report from Bloomberg:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...premium-europe

Originally posted by Martin@AS Financial View Post
    I think I've posted previously that the CPI and the RPI are effectively HMG propaganda. Items are included which are not essential for everyday life and others which are essential are omitted. Individuals should use the calculator which determines their own personal inflation rate. Mine has been hovering around the 10% rate for years.

Comment

Low inflation on computer games?

What a crock

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
        I think I've posted previously that the CPI and the RPI are effectively HMG propaganda. Items are included which are not essential for everyday life and others which are essential are omitted. Individuals should use the calculator which determines their own personal inflation rate. Mine has been hovering around the 10% rate for years.
        Are you saying computer games are not essential?

Does not the old testament say though shall play Super Mario every day. Or something....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Are you saying computer games are not essential?

Does not the old testament say though shall play Super Mario every day. Or something....
          There is much in the Old Testament teachings which modern people ignore.

Comment

Sour grapes there from those that missed out on the last Steam sale

Comment

Originally posted by Martin@AS Financial View Post

I think the only interesting thing here is why do you find it interesting...
              "The boy who cried Sheep"

Comment

There is much in the Old Testament teachings which modern people ignore.
                Like thou shalt smite the ****er that pisses thee off?
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

BullSh1t....

you've just picked that number out of thin air.
                  I bet you can't name three things with an inflation rate of 10%. I'd be surprised if you can name one.

HINT: Cigarettes are about the closest and that peaks around 9% inflation in 2011-12.
                  See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
                    Sour grapes there from those that missed out on the last Steam sale

Never that far off the next Steam sale.

Steam Sale Countdown | When is the next Steam Sale

Just in time for Halloween, or that other day that is scaring the tulip out of some, whichever comes first.
                    Last edited by Hobosapien; 19 September 2019, 12:09. Reason: Removal of uncensored swear word
                    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Working...
                    X