Thomas Cook lists itself for sale on Ceefax Thomas Cook lists itself for sale on Ceefax - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Posts 21 to 30 of 32

I live on CUK

Old Greg is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by original PM View Post
    It's an interesting graph - as it clearly shows share prices going up after June 2016 when the Brexit vote took place.
    In what currency? See if you can join the dots. I've given you a good clue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

Respect my authoritah!

NotAllThere is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by Hobosapien View Post
    I feel sorry for those stranded at an airport. Presume once past security you can't just walk back out if no flights likely for days?
    Same as with any cancellation. Luggage is taken off the flight (if loaded), or retrieved from the baggage system - then you're guided through the airport to baggage pickup, and exit via customs. I can't recall if you have to go through immigration again.
    Hmm. I'm beginning to suspect that you need to find all the packing the computer came in...

Godlike

Mordac is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Hobosapien View Post
    I feel sorry for those stranded at an airport. Presume once past security you can't just walk back out if no flights likely for days?

If they're still at the hotel then hopefully a deal can be done where they get cheap accommodation, seeing as the next batch of TC holidaymakers aren't going to be arriving at the hotel, so the rooms may be available and the hotel will be looking to recoup what it can before the aggro of claiming compo from ATOL etc.
    You can't go through Security without a boarding pass, and you won't be checked in unless there's an actual flight. So those stranded at airports are in a check-in waiting area.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Super poster

Hobosapien - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by Mordac View Post
    You can't go through Security without a boarding pass, and you won't be checked in unless there's an actual flight. So those stranded at airports are in a check-in waiting area.
    Nearest I've experience to this is last year when 'the beast from the East' meant my flight was delayed after I'd gone through check-in and security. It wasn't certain the flights would depart as many of the UK airports were closed or struggling, so we sat around for hours waiting for updates. Fortunately our flight went ahead eventually as the airports got on top of the problem and re-opened the runways.

So I'm sure there would have been some already checked-in expecting a TC flight that never arrived or departed (how much warning did the airports get that the scheduled/charter flights weren't arriving or to ground planes ready to start boarding?) and stranded at the airport until someone assisted them with temporary accommodation or an alternative flight.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Some things in Moderation

cojak is a fount of knowledge

Not at all surprised.

And the German government has got a pile of steaming tulipe on its hands - I doubt it will see its money anytime soon.

Fingers like lightning

Martin@AS Financial 's job has never been outsourced

"Turkey will make up for tourists lost in Thomas Cook collapse - minister":

BA & Jet 2 are looking to increase flights to Turkey.

Turkey will make up for tourists lost in Thomas Cook collapse - minister - Reuters

More fingers than teeth

darmstadt is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Mordac View Post
    Just to be pedantic, yes you can otherwise who would man those overpriced shops or clean the toilets?
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

More fingers than teeth

darmstadt is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by cojak View Post
    Not at all surprised.

And the German government has got a pile of steaming tulipe on its hands - I doubt it will see its money anytime soon.
    Why? If you're talking about Condor and the bailout from the German and Hessen governments then they will see their money. The only reason they gave the bridging loan was because Condor is actually in the black and business is quite good for them...
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Godlike

Mordac is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by darmstadt View Post
    Just to be pedantic, yes you can otherwise who would man those overpriced shops or clean the toilets?
    Staff go through a different door to passengers. I'm sure you either knew that, or suspected it. So now you do know. It used to be far easier for the staff than it is now. I've been airside just by keying in a door code ffs. I hope you all take comfort in knowing that was such a long time ago...
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...