• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lloyd’s / Bank of Scotland / Halifax - IR35 choices

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    Not really

State owed bank, easy target

Lloyd’s offered 20 years of contractors information of all contactors that have ever worked for the group 107854 contractors that they now say were inside IR35 and I believe some sort or bonus scheme (payback to Lloyd’s) is available for each contractor who is caught

There is also a list of contractors that turn perm ((3589 so far) that will go to top of zzzzlist
    There's a lot to challenge about this, but can I ask specifically about the bit I've emboldened above.

You are saying that Lloyds have provided a 107854 contractors and told HMRC they were inside IR35?

Really?

And they receive a kickback? Really?

I'm calling BS.

Comment

Comms should be going out to contractors 9/10, watch this space...
      "why ride a vespa when you can push a lambretta?"

As I look ahead, I am filled with foreboding; like the Roman, I seem to see "the River Tiber foaming with much blood."

Comment

Lloyd’s / Bank of Scotland / Halifax - IR35 choices

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
        There's a lot to challenge about this, but can I ask specifically about the bit I've emboldened above.

You are saying that Lloyds have provided a 107854 contractors and told HMRC they were inside IR35?

Really?

And they receive a kickback? Really?

I'm calling BS.
        Look on HIVE if still at Lloyd’s all the data is published, plus the chaps who have extrapolated since day of dawn, and published the excel in HIVE also

Example, someone who had a BA role 10 years ago and claimed outside (£450 a day) now owes £180k on just one year alone due to interest and penalties.

Yes the ‘kickback’ was sort of BS, but not really the bank gets major brownie points for shopping all theses tax dodges

The 107854 is roles also, so probably a 1/3 of that unreal terms

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Look on HIVE <blah>
          You did not answer the question, just accepted you made one bit up and downgraded the other bit from 100K+ contractors to 30K+ contractors.

Has Lloyds assessed these inside and told HMRC as such, as you stated?
          Last edited by Paralytic; 27 September 2019, 13:16.

Comment

You did not answer the question, just accepted you made one bit up and downgrades the other bit from 100K+ contractors to 30K+ contractors.

They posted the “line manager” comms on Hive last night, unfortunately the docs were Pwd protected. Have since realised the error of their ways and removed them...
            "why ride a vespa when you can push a lambretta?"

As I look ahead, I am filled with foreboding; like the Roman, I seem to see "the River Tiber foaming with much blood."

Comment

Originally posted by Major Hassle View Post
              They posted the “line manager” comms on Hive last night, unfortunately the docs were Pwd protected. Have since realised the error of their ways and removed them...
              I happened to catch up earlier this week with a perm who still works within LBG - he's not anywhere near close to the IR35 decision makers, but in his area at least, all contractors will be gone by the end of the year.
              Last edited by Paralytic; 27 September 2019, 13:21.

Comment

Look on HIVE if still at Lloyd’s all the data is published, plus the chaps who have extrapolated since day of dawn, and published the excel in HIVE also

Example, someone who had a BA role 10 years ago and claimed outside (£450 a day) now owes £180k on just one year alone due to interest and peneltys

Yes the ‘kickback’ was sort of BS, but not really the bank gets major brownie points for shopping all theses tax dodges

The 107854 is roles also, so probably a 1/3 of that unreal terms

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
                What do you mean "claimed outside"?

Firstly, I've been a BA there, and as I posted and you ignored, I can assure you my contract was reviewed as outside, as all lloyds contracts that I know were checked were found to be. Again as posted, working practices there in the teams I worked for where very much different for contractors and permies.

As I previously referred to, give me a single example where a contractor has lost an IR35 case where the company they work for has said "Contractors go away for 4 weeks over xmas. Permies you can keep working whenever."? IR35 is to catch disguised employees and make them pay PAYE/NI tax, HMRC can crack on if they try and get that one past a judge. It's not evidence of D+C before someone says, its a clear differentiation of workforce practices.

Your massive figures even if your making them mostly up will include all the WiPro and TCS outsourced guys of whom many are employees of those companies but class as contractors.

So, stop trying to wind up those 100,000 lol people, and if you've worked at LBG before, relax. No idea why this poster is trying to stir things up.

If you work there now, then won't be much of an issue as apparently they are getting rid of almost all of the contractors as its been posted here. They might say umbrella only to the few they keep, else through outsourcing they will find their workforce imho

Comment

I happened to catch up earlier this week with a perm who still works within LBG - he's not anywhere near close to the IR35 decision makers, but in his area at least, all contractors will be gone by the end of the year.
                  "Almost" all. I know a guy there who is one of a hand full they are keeping on. He doesn't yet know the terms of the arrangement.

I suppose telling people to leave is better than working somewhere they decide in April 2020 to blanket people inside IR35 or make them go brolly because the contractor workforce is too big to determine 100% every single person's status.

Comment

You did not answer the question, just accepted you made one bit up and downgraded the other bit from 100K+ contractors to 30K+ contractors.

I wouldn't take GhostofRussia seriously. He's one of our village idiots and/or a troll.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by BABABlackSheep View Post
                      No idea why this poster is trying to stir things up.
                      Russian troll?
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X