• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lloyd’s / Bank of Scotland / Halifax - IR35 choices

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For an example of his "quality", see here. Although this was at least amusing:

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...oo-tastic.html
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      For an example of his "quality", see here. Although this was at least amusing:

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...oo-tastic.html
      Oh that's much better.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by BABABlackSheep View Post
        What do you mean "claimed outside"?

Firstly, I've been a BA there, and as I posted and you ignored, I can assure you my contract was reviewed as outside, as all lloyds contracts that I know were checked were found to be. Again as posted, working practices there in the teams I worked for where very much different for contractors and permies.
        All the contractor BA’s I’ve worked with at Lloyd’s (over 30) would struggle to be outside IR35, as they do exactly same jobs as the perms

What made you outside?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
          All the contractor BA’s I’ve worked with at Lloyd’s (over 30) would struggle to be outside IR35, as they do exactly same jobs as the perms

What made you outside?

Just because they have the job title of someone else there. Means nothing.

How about these differences...

Hours(number of) working were different. 40 vs 36.5
          Could work from any location I wanted including home office when I wanted.
          Didn't conduct staff training(apart from H&S and regulatory)
          Enforced Xmas Break
          Enforced Summer Break(didn't have this, but believe its been brought in for all contractors)
          Substitution clause in contract
          Unable to use staff car parks
          No other staff perks
          No internal reviews, no set 1-2-1's, no task setting, just working with a PM, no D+C.
          No client paid jollies
          No need(or exclusion) to go to internal staff meetings
          Clearly labelled contractor everywhere
          Use of own equipment apart from secure laptop.
          Different internal processes for contractors access to premises(elapsed times)
          Different process times for system access
          No access to corporate systems from my own equipment unlike employees who could
          Working on different projects in different locations.

Probably a few more, but I can evidence the above.

Same for everyone I knew there. I worked in change/transformation and not BAU teams. If you have people there sitting with permies day in day out on something like a helpdesk then I still think they are safe, but might struggle more with set hours and D+C, but that's up to them to determine their own status. No idea if those teams even had contractors tbh, mainly saw others in one off transformation projects, mainly as a result of the Lloyds/Halifax merge.
          Last edited by BABABlackSheep; 27 September 2019, 16:49.

Comment

Lloyd’s will throw you under a bus and say you were inside IR35 no one will remember any of your guff above when HMRC come calling

Comment

Lloyd’s will throw you under a bus and say you were inside IR35 no one will remember any of your guff above when HMRC come calling

Game set and match..good night

Comment

You still haven't answered the question above to back up the points you made. I guess people will just have to make up their own mind whether the whole of your fabricated, not just the bits you admitted to. I'd add the above to the list as attentions seeking.

Comment

Lloyds Bank
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I'm glad this was posted in General.

You're an absolute fanny. You regularly post nonsense - I can see why you're on the bench, you're an idiot. It's the likes of you who won't be doing well from 2020 onwards, as nobody will wish to hire you. Congrats. Enjoy your £30k perm IT job. Fool.

Comment

Lloyd’s / Bank of Scotland / Halifax - IR35 choices

Originally posted by rogerfederer View Post
                      I'm glad this was posted in General.

You're an absolute fanny. You regularly post nonsense - I can see why you're on the bench, you're an idiot. It's the likes of you who won't be doing well from 2020 onwards, as nobody will wish to hire you. Congrats. Enjoy your £30k perm IT job. Fool.
                      Thanks [emoji4] made me laugh

Looks like all what I posted is true after all [emoji4]

I don’t work in IT - can I get a £30K perm IT job?

Comment

Working...
                      X