• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lloyd’s / Bank of Scotland / Halifax - IR35 choices

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lloyd’s / Bank of Scotland / Halifax - IR35 choices

The biggest client for contractors (by a long way) in he UK has decided on the following options for all contractors (no exception) / starting soon

1. Take a Permie role (if you have not been offered a permit role you are not in zzzzzList)

2. Take new contract inside IR35 - no rate increase, take it or leave it

3. Leave the bank - go away

Roles will be filled by wipro who leave

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

oh, dear.
    what a shame.
    never mind.

oh, sorry
    <sent from my arse using a hypertumbleweed junction and kidney beans>
    Last edited by BR14; 20 September 2019, 20:40.

Comment

IBM
      I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
        The biggest client for contractors (by a long way) in he UK has decided on the following options for all contractors (no exception) / starting soon

1. Take a Permie role (if you have not been offered a permit role you are not in zzzzzList)

I said this would begin to happen, you all said "we are IT contractors, we pick and choose our clients and name our rates"

Comment

should increase tax take that
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            I said this would begin to happen, you all said "we are IT contractors, we pick and choose our clients and name our rates"
            I do, thanks

None of this tulip is going to impact me
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Companies are dumb and they always do stuff like this, just like the UK naturalised Indian CEO that dismissed a whole contracting team so they could outsource it to his mates back home cos it was cheaper, except the replacements were absolutely incapable of even comprehending how the system worked nevermind actually doing work on it.

Their solution to failing unit tests was to delete the tests

tulip will hit the fan, deadlines will loom, Bigwigs will ask what's going on, hiring managers will tulip bricks and find a way to rehire, business will continue as usual

Comment

Originally posted by FIERCE TANK BATTLE View Post
                Companies are dumb and they always do stuff like this, just like the UK naturalised Indian CEO that dismissed a whole contracting team so they could outsource it to his mates back home cos it was cheaper, except the replacements were absolutely incapable of even comprehending how the system worked nevermind actually doing work on it.

Their solution to failing unit tests was to delete the tests

tulip will hit the fan, deadlines will loom, Bigwigs will ask what's going on, hiring managers will tulip bricks and find a way to rehire, business will continue as usual
                This. Businesses will have to feel the burn before they start to find solutions. We will, in the mean time have to find a way of exitisting through this government-created mess.

Comment

I’ve had conversations along this line but nothing official has come out from Pontoon as yet.
                  "why ride a vespa when you can push a lambretta?"

As I look ahead, I am filled with foreboding; like the Roman, I seem to see "the River Tiber foaming with much blood."

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
                    This. Businesses will have to feel the burn before they start to find solutions. We will, in the mean time have to find a way of exitisting through this government-created mess.
                    This.

I was working a public sector contract when they had the IR35 changes - I left, they realised they couldn't replace me with their outsourced IT supplier so they scrabbled around for a while trying different solutions before upping my rate to cover the additional tax.

The public sector won't want to pay more for contractors so will hopefully finally learn the difference between permies and contractors and be better at proper contracts and working practices.
                    Back at the coal face

Comment

Working...
                    X