• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

One Momentum please...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Momentum please...

Corbyn allies in bid to scrap Tom Watson's deputy leader post | Politics | The Guardian

Was it elementary, Sherlock?

Labour has the best opportunity yet to take power but instead, they are intent on committing self-harm.
    Maybe they just want to be in opposition.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
      Labour has the best opportunity yet to take power but instead, they are intent on committing self-harm.
      Apparently when Tony Blair found out that Labour had won the General Election that made him PM, he said "****! What do we do now?".

The answer Tony as you were later to deduce was "Feather one's nest"!
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
        Apparently when Tony Blair found out that Labour had won the General Election that made him PM, he said "****! What do we do now?".

How wonderfully naive that he initially didn’t know. The Tories, of course, didn’t have any such doubts. Good thing we avoided “chaos with Miliband”....

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

And, in the spare five minutes here & there, start more wars than any PM in the 20th Century.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
            Labour to the Tories: hold my beer...

Comment

Watching rise of the Nazis on BBC last night. Nothing changes.

I'm not suggesting our political leaders are comparable to Adolph, it's just all the intrigue and plotting behind the scenes that reminds you of today. People doing what ever they could and manipulating others to try and gain power. Franz von Papen and Kurt von Schleicher handed power to Hitler because they initially saw him as a pawn to secure their own.

Well worth watching.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I think I'm Nazied out, mine Fuhrer, er, sorry, Mr. President.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                  Watching rise of the Nazis on BBC last night. Nothing changes.

I'm not suggesting our political leaders are comparable to Adolph, it's just all the intrigue and plotting behind the scenes that reminds you of today. People doing what ever they could and manipulating others to try and gain power. Franz von Papen and Kurt von Schleicher handed power to Hitler because they initially saw him as a pawn to secure their own.

Well worth watching.
                  It's also worth noting that he was elected democratically, initially, although many would claim the elections were manipulated. Where have I heard that before?

Comment

He's putting the beef on again.

He went from decades of pie munching to a starvation diet, gave us all lectures about healthy eating, then he walked past a Greggs.

Comment

Working...
                    X