• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Labour members call to 'redistribute' private schools' assets

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    Corbyn's bunch of commies haven't thought this through at all.
    7% of pupils are being privately educated, so that means they need now to be catered for in the state sector somehow, how are they going to pay for that?
    With devalued printed currency, venezuela style.

Comment

the two local private schools to me are 80-85% BAME (hate that label), most parents are either 1st / 2nd generation immigrants from commonwealth countries

disproportionate amount are also doctors / GPs / Dentists / Nurses etc

wonder how that profile fits with labour abolishing privilege

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
        By taxing anyone with anything until the pips squeak
        FTFY
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by filthy1980 View Post
          the two local private schools to me are 80-85% BAME (hate that label), most parents are either 1st / 2nd generation immigrants from commonwealth countries

disproportionate amount are also doctors / GPs / Dentists / Nurses etc

wonder how that profile fits with labour abolishing privilege
          this labour wants to abolish aspiration as well as privilege.
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
            this labour wants to abolish aspiration as well as privilege.
            They want to do something about inequality. And many will agree with them.

Comment

Having lived in a communist country for the first few decades of my life, I can assure you the party elite will still have privileged education, it's just a question of giving bribes to the right people and doing favours for them
              Слава Україні! Героям слава!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                They want to do something about inequality. And many will agree with them.
                to do that they only need to oblige such establishments to provide free scholarships, including social funding, for those who are academically qualified. This is how the Uni system used to work. My cousin is a PhD and he paid not a penny for it. His fees were paid and he was given a grant, enough for him to live on during term time.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterBait View Post
                  Having lived in a communist country for the first few decades of my life, I can assure you the party elite will still have privileged education, it's just a question of giving bribes to the right people and doing favours for them
                  absolutely.

The likes of Diane Abbot, would clearly benefit from this policy.

Comment

Both my parents came from literal slum areas. I mean total deprivation. Passing the 11+ got them into grammar, uni and professions. The middle classes who come up with these grand visions for socially just education never see the benefits of selection as their kids will usually come out the other side having done OK.

Anyway, time to go get Little Lord Fauntleroy from the independant.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                      No purchase necessary, private schools' assets will be confiscated and the schools themselves will be turned into state schools. According to a loony labour MP on Radio 5 last night, anyway.
                      The result will be lots of happy lawyers, and more posh kids for the yoof of Britain to kick the tulip out of.
                      Seems unlikely, or the headline would be about banning private schools entirely.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X