• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Greta Thunberg

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    She is a poster child, being used to influence public opinion.

Neither. But they all find fairly sickening the grooming of this girl by environmentalists promoting their agenda and politicians after a quick popularity boost. It's not dissimilar to child actors, or child pop stars - if they're not properly protected, they have a tendency to self-destruct.
    She is probably being 'advised' now but remember that she started this all by herself by sitting by herself outside the Swedish Parliament for 2 weeks. I may not agree with everything she says or does but she has a lot more conviction than the majority of kids today which should be applauded.

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      I may not agree with everything she says or does but she has a lot more conviction than the majority of kids today which should be applauded.
      A shame she does not have more conviction for school work.

The elephant in the room is population control.

Comment

She is a poster child, being used to influence public opinion.

Neither. But they all find fairly sickening the grooming of this girl by environmentalists promoting their agenda and politicians after a quick popularity boost. It's not dissimilar to child actors, or child pop stars - if they're not properly protected, they have a tendency to self-destruct.
        But how can you say that - beardy weird environmentalists only ever have the best interests of this girl and the rest of the population at heart it's not that they are using this girl and the platform to line their own pockets and further their own personal agenda.

No siree these sort of people would never do that.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          But how can you say that - beardy weird environmentalists only ever have the best interests of this girl and the rest of the population at heart it's not that they are using this girl and the platform to line their own pockets and further their own personal agenda.

No siree these sort of people would never do that.

You're right. How stupid of me. And to denigrate politicians as well. I'm so ashamed.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

You're right. How stupid of me. And to denigrate politicians as well. I'm so ashamed.
            Yes you should self flagellate until you are sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              This whole lets get her into a fight with trump thing is really aufull.

He will tweet something tomorrow about how much he would like to meet a Greta Iceberg next time he flies into Demark. Cause absolute carnage.
              you called it

Donald J. Trump on Twitter: "She seems like a very happy young girl looking forward to a bright and wonderful future. So nice to see!… "

Comment

Well it is an interesting conundrum.

But rather than pointing the finger how about she suggests what people could do - with out bankrupting the world economy and plunging us into a mad max style future (which if you recall is what we are heading for anyway according to the greens)

Also it may help if they stopped making claims which do not come true - the boy who cried wolf n all.

50 years of failed doomsday, eco-pocalyptic predictions; the so-called 'experts' are 0-50 - AEI

(note I do not support Trump nor do i advocate killing the world before anyone jumps on me)

Comment

killing the world
                  The world will be fine. It is humankind that will go.

And possibly the sooner the better.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    The world will be fine. It is humankind that will go.

And possibly the sooner the better.
                    Well that is true - sadly though as we know it will be the Trumps of this world and not the Thunbergs who are better placed to ride out the apocalypse.

Comment

Well that is true - sadly though as we know it will be the Trumps of this world and not the Thunbergs who are better placed to ride out the apocalypse.
                      Oh yes! It is the poor who will be stuffed by climate change. The rich will get more air conditioning.

Comment

Working...
                      X