• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Greta Thunberg

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump
    She seems like a very happy young girl looking forward to a bright and wonderful future. So nice to see!

I flippin' love that tweet.
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
      Her parents are guilty of child abuse. She's a brainwashed nutter. The fact that adults are hanging on her every word is insanity.
      Recently I’ve seen many rumors circulating about me and enormous amounts of hate. This is no surprise to me. I know that since most people are not aware of the full meaning of the climate crisis (which is understandable since it has never been treated as a crisis) a school strike for the climate would seem very strange to people in general.So let me make some things clear about my school strike.
      In may 2018 I was one of the winners in a writing competition about the environment held by Svenska Dagbladet, a Swedish newspaper. I got my article published and some people contacted me, among others was Bo Thorén from Fossil Free Dalsland. He had some kind of group with people, especially youth, who wanted to do something about the climate crisis.
      I had a few phone meetings with other activists. The purpose was to come up with ideas of new projects that would bring attention to the climate crisis. Bo had a few ideas of things we could do. Everything from marches to a loose idea of some kind of a school strike (that school children would do something on the schoolyards or in the classrooms). That idea was inspired by the Parkland Students, who had refused to go to school after the school shootings.
      I liked the idea of a school strike. So I developed that idea and tried to get the other young people to join me, but no one was really interested. They thought that a Swedish version of the Zero Hour march was going to have a bigger impact. So I went on planning the school strike all by myself and after that I didn’t participate in any more meetings.

When I told my parents about my plans they weren’t very fond of it. They did not support the idea of school striking and they said that if I were to do this I would have to do it completely by myself and with no support from them.
      On the 20 of august I sat down outside the Swedish Parliament. I handed out fliers with a long list of facts about the climate crisis and explanations on why I was striking. The first thing I did was to post on Twitter and Instagram what I was doing and it soon went viral. Then journalists and newspapers started to come. A Swedish entrepreneur and business man active in the climate movement, Ingmar Rentzhog, was among the first to arrive. He spoke with me and took pictures that he posted on Facebook. That was the first time I had ever met or spoken with him. I had not communicated or encountered with him ever before.

Many people love to spread rumors saying that I have people ”behind me” or that I’m being ”paid” or ”used” to do what I’m doing. But there is no one ”behind” me except for myself. My parents were as far from climate activists as possible before I made them aware of the situation.
      I am not part of any organization. I sometimes support and cooperate with several NGOs that work with the climate and environment. But I am absolutely independent and I only represent myself. And I do what I do completely for free, I have not received any money or any promise of future payments in any form at all. And nor has anyone linked to me or my family done so.
      And of course it will stay this way. I have not met one single climate activist who is fighting for the climate for money. That idea is completely absurd.

Furthermore I only travel with permission from my school and my parents pay for tickets and accommodations.
      Mmmm...
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        Ah, so it's now mocking disabled people time is it? Asperger syndrome - Wikipedia
        Exactly this! And I hope all green talibans who take advantage of an autistic/disabled child die in pain.

Comment

The amount of Gammons this girl has triggered is hilarious, keep it up Greta!
          Last edited by BlueSharp; 25 September 2019, 08:33.
          Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
            Right! Imagine being so painfully upset over a 16 year old girl campaigning over climate change

Comment

It's very funny. They're largely failures in life, and to see this young woman already approaching greatness makes them so angry. Really they're angry with themselves, but they lack the intellectual capacity and insight to address their own inadequacies.

Comment

Yup, everyone attacking her or her 'Team'. It's an uncomfortable message but she is right.

To many gammons have now been conditioned to jump on command. Such a sorry state of affairs.
                Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  It's very funny. They're largely failures in life, and to see this young woman already approaching greatness makes them so angry. Really they're angry with themselves, but they lack the intellectual capacity and insight to address their own inadequacies.
                  Looks she has yet to actually do anything.

She is raising awareness of issues which are well known.

You also need to remember that a lot of people surrounding her are only using the whole green movement as a platform for their own personal aspirations.

So yes she is to be applauded but lets see what really changes shall we?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                    Looks she has yet to actually do anything.

She is raising awareness of issues which are well known.

You also need to remember that a lot of people surrounding her are only using the whole green movement as a platform for their own personal aspirations.

So yes she is to be applauded but lets see what really changes shall we?
                    Stand by for the "Greta Don't Like!" T-Shirts...
                    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Indeed she does seem to trigger a certain type of middle-aged/elderly, poorly-educated, not-very-bright male loser. As shown on this thread.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X