• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Greta Thunberg

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Even in General, generally speaking we leave each others' kids out of it. Cheers.
    They're not your kids anyway.

Comment

She will err at some point, teenagers always do. Drugs found in a car she's in or something. Then the press will want to talk about that, not her views on penguins and rainforests.

Then the predatory politicians that have been screaming "THIS CHILD IS THE FUTURE!!" for the last 2 years will be like "Greta who?" and this whole thing will be over. She will not have the skills to deal with that sadly. People will occasionally say she couldn't deal with the pressure, as if 16 year old kids with neurodivergence are born with the ability to deal with world fame.

Any politician who has jumped on this bandwagon should be told to grow the feck up;

Comment

Even in General, generally speaking we leave each others' kids out of it. Cheers.
        I accept the infraction and apologise.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          She will err at some point, teenagers always do. Drugs found in a car she's in or something. Then the press will want to talk about that, not her views on penguins and rainforests.

Then the predatory politicians that have been screaming "THIS CHILD IS THE FUTURE!!" for the last 2 years will be like "Greta who?" and this whole thing will be over. She will not have the skills to deal with that sadly. People will occasionally say she couldn't deal with the pressure, as if 16 year old kids with neurodivergence are born with the ability to deal with world fame.

Any politician who has jumped on this bandwagon should be told to grow the feck up;
          I hope you accept that something SHOULD happen on climate change?

I just can't see anything will change.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            The press gives coverage, and the world goes on...
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

The press gives coverage, and the world goes on...
              I read one article (might have been the times) pleading to be allowed to keep foreign holidays (while cycling everywhere and going vegetarian) as they provide great memories.

I assumed the reason travelling by plane was being targeted was due to its effect on the environment. I don't think eco-warriors are in this trying to be kill joys.

Its going to need a black swan event for humankind to survive beyond the next couple of hundred years.

Comment

Mark Humphries on Twitter: "THE GRETA THUNBERG HELPLINE:
                For adults angry at a child.
                https://t.co/JAtIKyG4Va"

Comment

Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

That look she gave when Trump walked in to the UN:

Was she practicing her Paddington hard stare?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      I hope you accept that something SHOULD happen on climate change?

Yes, if Climate Change is "man made" the obvious solution is to eradicate the human race.

Comment

Working...
                      X