• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Greta Thunberg

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    It's actually quite funny, or sad depending upon how you think, about how a 16 year old girl with Aspergers gets a whole group of older white men riled up, just imagine if she was black or a homosexual....
    hey its par for the course lefties abusing young kids and blaming others

Scottish Child Abuse Inquiry: Children in charity homes 'did suffer abuse' - BBC News

"The previous lives of the children who came into the care of the QAB (Quarriers, Aberlour and Barnardo's) providers had all been blighted in some way, whether by being abused in the family home, the death of one or more parent, parental illness, families who could not cope with caring for them, abandonment, or by other similar circumstances.
    "The QAB providers could have made a real and positive difference to every child, but that did not happen. For many, further damage was inflicted upon them."
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      hey its par for the course lefties abusing young kids and blaming others

Scottish Child Abuse Inquiry: Children in charity homes 'did suffer abuse' - BBC News
      Warning: Gammon Triggered and goes off of subject due to insufficient thought processes
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

16 year old

I watched the video end to end - she does get nervous and twitchy in the last 10 secs but she is only a little girl and nervous about the World's press etc.

She comes over as annoying to many but at the end of the day a lot of her points are valid.

For me its not the population growth or the level of economic activity its the nature of that activity, we can all be 10 times richer than now and have zero CO2 emissions they are not mutually exclusive that point which seems logical to me but has been hyjacked by the lefties who think we need to return to the stone age or halve our living standards to achieve anything.

The preservation of biodiversity is my biggest concern, but redesigning our economy to protect the planet is what is actually happening for example Wind farms are taking over from coal and so on it is just not happening fast enough yet.
        Last edited by technobabble; 12 January 2020, 07:59.

Comment

Greta Thunberg to trademark 'Fridays for Future' - BBC News

She will be a billionaire! Hopefully then she can get her own jet....

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
            It's actually quite funny, or sad depending upon how you think, about how a 16 year old girl with Aspergers gets a whole group of older white men riled up, just imagine if she was black or a homosexual....
            Amazing how an oddball like you cannot express themselves anywhere near as well as a nervous 16-year-old. She'll probably lose her virginity first too.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

She's certainly more dedicated to the cause of getting out of doing homework than most.

Ms Thunberg has also applied to trademark Skolstrejk för klimatet (school strike for climate)
              Maybe she should be calling for less school strikes and more school based education on climate change.
              Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
                She's certainly more dedicated to the cause of getting out of doing homework than most.

Maybe she should be calling for less school strikes and more school based education on climate change.

That would be "fewer", if you'd paid attention in class.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

She's sounding more like those nasty capitalists every day with this trademark shizz.

Personally I'm more amazed the names/causes of Boyan Slat and Morgan Vague are not being championed more than some Scandinavian gobshyte.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                      She's sounding more like those nasty capitalists every day with this trademark shizz.

Personally I'm more amazed the names/causes of Boyan Slat and Morgan Vague are not being championed more than some Scandinavian gobshyte.
                      The animals looked from Greta to capitalist, but could see no difference.

Or was it looked from Greta to pig?

Comment

Working...
                      X