• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Greta Thunberg

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    I agree but even within the 50s/60s I preferred the look of the Austin Healey 3000 and a couple of others.

Sierra XR4i? The one with the louvered rear spoiler?
    Austin Healy Sprite, shirley?

Comment

Nout queerer than folk, especially when it comes to cars.

XJ8s make a great Contractors motor.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Austin Healy Sprite, shirley?
        3000:

Sprite:

Definitely the 3000 for me.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
          I agree but even within the 50s/60s I preferred the look of the Austin Healey 3000 and a couple of others.

Sierra XR4i? The one with the louvered rear spoiler?
          So if you could not afford the cosworth the one you wanted was the XR4x4

which does not have the louvered rear spoiler

it was made of rubber if I recall from when my dad had one. (the boot spoiler not the whole car)

Comment

Greta nominated for Nobel Prize https://www.huffpost.com/entry/greta...lsE-5YPOOoNs8n

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              So if you could not afford the cosworth the one you wanted was the XR4x4

which does not have the louvered rear spoiler

it was made of rubber if I recall from when my dad had one. (the boot spoiler not the whole car)
              I'm enjoying the idea of a rubber car. Would make for an interesting ride.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                I'm enjoying the idea of a rubber car. Would make for an interesting ride.
                Ooooh, Matron!
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

I just noticed on the BBC News site that the ban on diesel and petrol (and hybrid) cars has been brought forward to 2035.

I wonder if this will increase the price of used 6 and 8 cylinder performance cars, as they will soon be the only way to own such relics?
                  First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    I'd like a Blower Bentley
                    a real one made by Bentley?

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
                      I just noticed on the BBC News site that the ban on diesel and petrol (and hybrid) cars has been brought forward to 2035.

I wonder if this will increase the price of used 6 and 8 cylinder performance cars, as they will soon be the only way to own such relics?

Ban on new car sales so all the current cars will become future classics if they're worth keeping on the road.

May get a V8 while they're still cheap. Not sure if many news cars come with exotic engines other than the bling brigade crap like Ferrari and Lambo that cater for the tasteless rich that need a good fleecing, so a decent V8 (petrol not that tulipty diesel) may already be on the classic curve pricewise.

Seems a more interesting 10 year investment than boring index trackers.
                      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Working...
                      X