• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

4 day week

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 day week

Thinking of uping my day rate by 25% to counter the proposed 4 day week by labour.

We’re all screwed if they realise that no one works on Fridays anyway ?

You had 47 posts since 2012?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

That's 47 more intelligible posts than you've managed during a similar period...
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Joined here when I became a contractor. Nothing much to say for 7 years but IR35 reform has prompted my return.

51,414... now what’s your excuse?

Comment

Originally posted by BABABlackSheep View Post
          It IT company in Romania abolished Monday working and found Friday productivity increased dramatically.

But yes, we'd have to up our rates 25%.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Thinking of uping my day rate by 25% to counter the proposed 4 day week by labour.

More like 30% to 35% to make up for lost day

Comment

Current client is talking about moving from 7.5 hour day to 8 hour day with 4 days per week for the permies.

Contractors not mentioned. They can fook off if they think they're paying me 4 days....

(Of course, I wont kick off quite yet until I see whats going on. I made that mistake once when a client asked me to work 12 hours, nigths evenings etc. I thought "sod off". Then they said, we'll pay you 1.5x day rate for 12 hours, 1.5x for nights, 1.5x for saturday, 2x for sunday. All cumulative. So sunday night 12 hours was 4.5x normal day rate. OK I;ll do it!!!!)
              Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Joined here when I became a contractor. Nothing much to say for 7 years but IR35 reform has prompted my return.

51,414... now what’s your excuse?
                He's an amateur compared to some.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Feck that ... no way I'm moving up to a 4 day week. I'm happy with 3 days, thank you very much
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                    Current client is talking about moving from 7.5 hour day to 8 hour day with 4 days per week for the permies.

Contractors not mentioned. They can fook off if they think they're paying me 4 days....

(Of course, I wont kick off quite yet until I see whats going on. I made that mistake once when a client asked me to work 12 hours, nigths evenings etc. I thought "sod off". Then they said, we'll pay you 1.5x day rate for 12 hours, 1.5x for nights, 1.5x for saturday, 2x for sunday. All cumulative. So sunday night 12 hours was 4.5x normal day rate. OK I;ll do it!!!!)
                    In reality what will happen is they will impose it, you'll moan like stink on here and the accept it like a good little permatractor.... and then moan like stink about it for the next 10 years.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X