• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boom-ette (and a Q for NLUK)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boom-ette (and a Q for NLUK)

Client whose useless project manager said they didn’t need to extend me any further last month has had to get his boss’s boss to phone me asking can I please come back for a couple of months.

Question for NLUK’s accountant: This guy originally phoned me last week while I was on holiday in Italy and we had a preliminary discussion. Since I was there with one of My Ltd’s shareholders, and since it was a business call, can I expense my holiday?
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Client whose useless project manager said they didn’t need to extend me any further last month has had to get his boss’s boss to phone me asking can I please come back for a couple of months.

Question for NLUK’s accountant: This guy originally phoned me last week while I was on holiday in Italy and we had a preliminary discussion. Since I was there with one of My Ltd’s shareholders, and since it was a business call, can I expense my holiday?
      I'll bring it up for discussion with your LTD's shareholder at our next afternoon meeting sometime this week.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

I'll bring it up for discussion with your LTD's shareholder at our next afternoon meeting sometime this week.
        Is that the meeting he has with your wife and the ketchup bottle?

PS

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Is that the meeting he has with your wife and the ketchup bottle?

PS

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
            She charges double for HP! You think I want to spend a whole 2p?

Comment

Comment

Un-boomed. Paperwork hasn’t arrived yet and I’ve just heard they are bringing in a foreign resource to do it (one who has no knowledge of the project, but is cheaper)
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Un-boomed. Paperwork hasn’t arrived yet and I’ve just heard they are bringing in a foreign resource to do it (one who has no knowledge of the project, but is cheaper)
                  That always ends well.

Still you might be getting a call in 2 - 3 months when everything has gone horribly wrong.

Comment

<can't find a negative banana>

they'll want you back for longer when the cheapo Fubars it though

and you can charge more for sh1t shovelling.

Comment

Working...
                    X