• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What are the unexpected ways of saving income tax in UK?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    I was going to mention this OG, but I didn't know if this issue had been closed...
    Still going strong. With the demise of loan schemes, the thinking contractor is increasingly looking for robust ways of maximising take home income.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      Still going strong. With the demise of loan schemes, the thinking contractor is increasingly looking for robust ways of maximising take home income.
      The contractor who "thinks" and does no research?

The more warnings that go out the better. Alas some are unreachable(and I don't mean that in an urban dictionary sense).

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        The contractor who "thinks" and does no research?

The more warnings that go out the better. Alas some are unreachable(and I don't mean that in an urban dictionary sense).
        Unfortunately, some foolish contractors went down the loan route and are now being rightly retrospectively pursued. The Oude Joris Max 120 structure has never been challenged and no participant has ever been landed with challenge by HMRC

Comment

Are films about gladiators a BIK, even if you work in MMA?
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by asktaxman View Post
            What are the various ways by which we can save the income tax?
            Don't open your front door to strangers....

Comment

Yes vote brexit - kills the job market dead, no tax to pay on no earnings

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Marry a serial killer.
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                  Marry a serial killer.
                  I could murder a bowl of frosties, but I've got some standards.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    Unfortunately, some foolish contractors went down the loan route and are now being rightly retrospectively pursued. The Oude Joris Max 120 structure has never been challenged and no participant has ever been landed with challenge by HMRC
                    I agree it was unfortunate.

Remember I was never involved in any loan scheme. But I don't understand why it took HMRC from 1999 to 2017 to close them down. And almost ignored the scheme promoters.

Either way, there have been 6 suicides related to the loan scheme and I still hang round the scheme enquiry forum trying to help out any with mental health issues.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
                      Not working and claiming the doll.
                      the doll?
                      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X