• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

President Donald Trump impeached

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

President Donald Trump impeached

<placeholder>

BoJo neutred, Trump impeachment proceeds underway -

House launches Trump impeachment inquiry

Donald Trump became the fourth US president to face impeachment proceedings after Democratic House speaker Nancy Pelosi accused him of betraying his oath of office and US national security by seeking a foreign power’s help in the 2020 election.

In a televised address, Ms Pelosi said the House would look into claims that Mr Trump pressed Ukraine’s president to investigate the local business activities of the son of former vice-president Joe Biden, one of the leading Democratic presidential contenders.

The impeachment inquiry announced by Ms Pelosi in a six-minute statement is the first since the House impeached Bill Clinton in 1998. The move came only hours after Mr Trump sought to blunt Democratic criticism by promising to release a transcript of his controversial July 25 telephone call with Volodymyr Zelensky, Ukrainian president.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

I can't see this going anywhere with a Republican majority in the Senate. It could even backfire on the Dems.

BTW, does Trump have early stage dementia? He seems to be getting more and more incoherent.
    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post

BTW, does Trump have early stage dementia? He seems to be getting more and more incoherent.

I think he caught it off bojo
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
        I can't see this going anywhere with a Republican majority in the Senate.
        The house voted unanimously for these proceedings to begin. That includes republicans. Think about that for a moment.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          The house voted unanimously for these proceedings to begin. That includes republicans. Think about that for a moment.
          Perhaps they've finally had enough of him.
          Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

For Republican Scum their best option is impeach trump and replace him with Pence, their only chance to win next year

Comment

Impeached? I thought he'd been Tangoed.
              Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

The house voted unanimously for these proceedings to begin.
                Are you 100% sure about that?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  Are you 100% sure about that?
                  What I meant to say was the whistle blowers evidence was handed over to the intelligence community with unanimous support that included republicans. Previously they did not support this action.

Comment

What I meant to say was the whistle blowers evidence was handed over to the intelligence community with unanimous support that included republicans. Previously they did not support this action.
                    Was that the House or the Senate?

Comment

Working...
                    X