• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The black swan

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The black swan

Let's start with some definitions:

The black swan theory or theory of black swan events is a metaphor that describes an event that comes as a surprise, has a major effect, and is often inappropriately rationalised after the fact with the benefit of hindsight.
    Whether or not the following happen is no surprise:

1 Thump impeachment

2 Brexit

3 Another War in the middle east

So what is going to be the surprise? What has not had our attention amidst all this media distraction?

I'm going to go with some sort of debt based instrument that will blow up the global banking system. Banks around Europe are dealing out negative interest rates. How does that keep going before fan & sheet meet?
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Let's start with some definitions:

Whether or not the following happen is no surprise:

1 Thump impeachment

2 Brexit

3 Another War in the middle east

So what is going to be the surprise? What has not had our attention amidst all this media distraction?

I'm going to go with some sort of debt based instrument that will blow up the global banking system. Banks around Europe are dealing out negative interest rates. How does that keep going before fan & sheet meet?
    I would be surprised if there were not some backlash as a result of the clampdown on Muslims in China.

I guess there are some very tall towers in Beijing.

Comment

Maybe governments will start to act on climate change?

Removing all BMW, Audi and Mercedes drivers from the gene pool would be a good start.

Comment

life from another planet arrives

Comment

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
          life from another planet arrives, takes a look around and swiftly leaves as fast as possible swearing never to return to this mad house.
          FTFY
          England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Scooter does a post without a chart.

Comment

Does anyone think civil unrest will break out in the UK?

Gulags built in remainer constituencies upon Emperor Boris's command with regular hunger games to entertain the leavers?
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
                life from another planet arrives
                nah! judging by some of the posts here, they are already here!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Maybe governments will start to act on climate change?

Removing all BMW, Audi and Mercedes drivers from the gene pool would be a good start.
                  And all cars with bike racks. Either drive or ride, don’t waste block roads and car parks by driving, then block cycle routes by riding them and chucking your chemical gels and gas cylinders around you...
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    And all cars with bike racks. Either drive or ride, don’t waste block roads and car parks by driving, then block cycle routes by riding them and chucking your chemical gels and gas cylinders around you...

I have to admit about 3 years ago the number of cylinders dramatically increased and I was angry at cyclists. It took months for me to realize that it is party goers abandoning these.....

Comment

Working...
                    X