• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Britain is now completing the process of destroying its educational sector

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
    My daughter had an unconditional offer this year ( Birmingham to study Law ).
    Why not study on the continent and save on loans?
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Why not study on the continent and save on loans?
      Monolingualism?
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        Monolingualism?

is that less cunning?
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          is that less cunning?

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            The big question is where they're going to find people to fill said accommodation.

More and more of these blocks are being built in Swansea.

There's a block of 560 or so rooms going up at the junction of Fabian Way and King's Road.

It'll all come out in the wash I suppose.

Not that students are known for washing much.

Computer Games students least of all.

Nah apparently its a planning fiddle they build student accommodation, then can't fill it and apply for change of use to sell it to overseas buyers as desirable residences.

Nice to see University of up its arseham (a couple of the lecturers were quite condescending, the Mrs & I did a double take the way they talked to a couple of 17 year olds who asked questions) one of Sas's precious Russell group) near the top of the list. We went there with Miss V1 and they were pretty snooty. She got a few unconditional offers but she met all her choices grades and went to the one with the best PHD offering, she is loving it.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

... she met all her choices grades and went to the one with the best PHD offering, she is loving it.
              Ah, you sent her here: About Us: HU
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                Yeah, because it isn't maths. The individual has probably forgotten most of physics O level, while working on Fourier Surfaces and Complex Modular Forms.

It's all very well kids getting unconditional offers, but how many make it into the second year? At some European universities they'll take anyone into the first year. But 50% or so fail or drop out during that time.
                Yeah, because it isn't maths
                it's applied maths, but maths just the same. There are many factions of maths which are never taught, like were you taught how to calculate the square root of a number using an arithmetic method? neither was I. We were taught some simple rules like numbers ending in 5 or zero were divisible by five, but I guess you've learnt a few more since leaving full time education. I never learnt how to solve multiple simultaneous equations using matrices, at A level maths. This came when I was studying for my computer qualification.

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
                  it's applied maths, but maths just the same. There are many factions of maths which are never taught, like were you taught how to calculate the square root of a number using an arithmetic method? neither was I. We were taught some simple rules like numbers ending in 5 or zero were divisible by five, but I guess you've learnt a few more since leaving full time education. I never learnt how to solve multiple simultaneous equations using matrices, at A level maths. This came when I was studying for my computer qualification.
                  And how did the CSE in IT go?
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Nice to see University of up its arseham (a couple of the lecturers were quite condescending, the Mrs & I did a double take the way they talked to a couple of 17 year olds who asked questions) one of Sas's precious Russell group) near the top of the list. We went there with Miss V1 and they were pretty snooty.

You mean they realised your offspring wouldn't be able to cope with a rigorous university?
                    Which poly has she ended up in then?
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                      And how did the CSE in IT go?
                      It landed you in Wandsworth and Send. HMP....

Comment

Working...
                      X