• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Britain is now completing the process of destroying its educational sector

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Britain is now completing the process of destroying its educational sector

British education was once world class. And possibly still is, at the best institutions and for the best and brightest.
    Of course such a position was intolerable. Everyone must be a winner.
    So polys became universities and grade inflation became the name of the game.

Not being satisfied with ruining education in that fashion, the dumbing down has now escalated into giving complete thickos degrees.

Shockingly, 38%, 38 fooking percent, FFS, of students offered a degree place now do not have to earn it.

Unconditional university offers on the rise for 18-year-olds | Education | The Guardian

Anyone who still believes that post-Brexit, the UK's trajectory will be upwards is a deluded fool.
    Last edited by sasguru; 26 September 2019, 11:12.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

I know a few pretty thick PhDs.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      I know a few pretty thick PhDs.
      Aye me too. At some institutions it's merely a test of how you can cope with boredom for however long you take to write up your piece of useless sh1te
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

If you're recruiting, avoid graduates of the following universities:

20 universities account for bulk of rise in unconditional places | Education | The Guardian
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Manufacturing Sector -> Engineering Sector -> Educational Sector -> Contracting Sector

… it goes on.

will it ever end?

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            If you're recruiting, avoid graduates of the following universities:

20 universities account for bulk of rise in unconditional places | Education | The Guardian
            Jeez. I don't really believe what I'm reading. At Nottingham Trent "University" 41% of prospective students don't really have to achieve anything at all to get their place.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

BSc Jam Making - the only one brits are gonna need in the future

Comment

Nottingham announced on Wednesday that it would no longer be using unconditional offers after this September, saying the increase in their use meant they were no longer attracting the applicants it wanted to encourage.
                Ouch. Talk about kicking every unconditionally placed student they have in the nuts. 40 odd percent of all the students according to the article.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  Ouch. Talk about kicking every unconditionally placed student they have in the nuts. 40 odd percent of all the students according to the article.
                  I think that's the Russell Group Nottingham Uni, rather than Nottingham Trent.
                  That a Rusell Group uni would do it is astonishing, so no surprise they've backtracked.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Russell group is still not too bad - though there has been an increase in numbers getting top grades which as you say will not help.

Probably Russell group should be free education. The rest you can pay for - or you might as well just close them down.

That might be unfair on a few courses - e.g. Marine biology at Bangor. But as you say the current system is broken.

Comment

Working...
                    X